PDA

View Full Version : Ducted split systems

back2space
22-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Hello everyone hope your all well...

Last week I posted requesting info on self contained ducted air conditioning/heat pump system.

THe person on the other forum has now decided that having this sort of system will be too expensive so has opted to go for a split system and has said the outdoor unit can go on the balcony.

Due to having the ductwork in place indoors though he would still like to use a ducted indoor unit.

Obviously because this unit serves the whole apartment he is going to need a High Static unit I would assume.

As the other units are only for a one room solution so would not provide the airflow requirements.

The return air grilles are in the hall, kitchen and bathroom and supply grilles in the living room and 2 bedrooms.

I have suggested an LG unit: This will also fit in the void nicely.

http://mylg.co.uk/data%20for%20site/Universal%20%28Single%20A%29%20Ceiling%20Ducted%20PDB%20%5BExtract%5D.pdf

Mainly because I know the problems I had with a multi system but have not heard of any problems with a 1 on 1 split.

The price of the LG stuff is also within his range, looking at the mitsi stuff, there low static ducted units are the same price and he needs high static.

Can anyone reccomend anything else?

As always, thanks for any help.

croc1774
22-01-2010, 01:23 AM
you could try a tosh
:eek:

Brian_UK
22-01-2010, 08:06 PM
After your continued monitoring and comments of your own LG units I am surprised that you are designing a system for your friend using the same maker.

back2space
23-01-2010, 01:08 AM
After your continued monitoring and comments of your own LG units I am surprised that you are designing a system for your friend using the same maker.

I know it sounds stupid doesnt it, I have come to the conclusion that the problems I have experienced with my units is down to it being a multi split unit and the control strategy.

I do believe and I know from other people with LG artcool units that a 1 on 1 split is fine.

If I run only one indoor unit on my multi I experience no problems. THe overheating issues occur when more than one unit is running but I have learnt to tolerate this now.