PDA

View Full Version : Any LG experts out there?

paul_h
21-01-2010, 03:11 PM
I've got a LSP120a-2 wall split system with a broken drain pan. It's basically the same as the artcool a12aw2, ie a wall mount vertical 'cassette' style unit.

The lsp120a is similar to that artcool a12aw2 except not an inverter, and they hadn't thought about sticking a picture frame in the middle, the middle just opens up with three big louvres for return air into the split.
So it's like this: http://www.lge.com/au/air-conditioning/inverter-split/LG-A12AW2.jsp, but no picture, just 3 grey motorized louvers that open up when you turn the unit on.

Anyway, I'm chasing a drain pan assembly for it as the drain hose has snapped off the drain pan. If someone could help it would be appreciated by the customer as he's happy to DIY the repair, just can't find the parts

momo
21-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I think the square non-inverter model you refere to was taken out of catalogue in Europe about 3-4 years ago. As such the parts may already be extra hard to get and that model was a real fiddle. I could never get the refrigerant pipes AND the cables AND the drain out of the same side however carefully measured and bent.:o. The later inverter ones were different (in many ways!)

Can the broken end be plugged and the drain be attached to the other end of the drip pan and exit from the other corner?

rude
24-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Cant you contact LG spare parts?

paul_h
25-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Tried statewide and dacaps, like momo said, parts no longer available according to them. Haven't got an answer from LG direct, and I normally deal through statewide.
Was hoping there was someone on the inside at LG that could comment, as there used to be someone here from memory.

back2space
25-01-2010, 03:54 PM
You could give LG technical uk a ring.

08448471402 opt 4