PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Emerson HBE99 condenser

coolhandlew
20-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi all, recently called out to a data centre that has 3 twin circuit Emerson DX Himod units approx 90 kw. These were installed in 2006 along with HBE99 condensers. Problem was data centre high temperature. I found that 5 out of 6 circuits were short of gas. 2 of the circuits were completely empty. The problem hadn't been picked up as the Himods are controlled by Trend and do not register LP trips.
The source of all of the leaks was found to be within the condenser head pressure sensor (Johnson Controls). Not good. 407c aswell, not good.

Pointless thread really, just a possible heads up if anyone has similar equipment.

Brian_UK
20-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Information is never pointless; thanks for posting.

stevewood
28-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi all, recently called out to a data centre that has 3 twin circuit Emerson DX Himod units approx 90 kw. These were installed in 2006 along with HBE99 condensers. Problem was data centre high temperature. I found that 5 out of 6 circuits were short of gas. 2 of the circuits were completely empty. The problem hadn't been picked up as the Himods are controlled by Trend and do not register LP trips.
The source of all of the leaks was found to be within the condenser head pressure sensor (Johnson Controls). Not good. 407c aswell, not good.

Pointless thread really, just a possible heads up if anyone has similar equipment.

The Johnson Controls fan speed controllers have since been replaced with Carel type which are proving to be a lot more reliable...

Which site in the Isle of Man was this? We have supplied and installed a number of Liebert units out there!

coolhandlew
28-01-2010, 08:27 PM
The Johnson Controls fan speed controllers have since been replaced with Carel type which are proving to be a lot more reliable...

Which site in the Isle of Man was this? We have supplied and installed a number of Liebert units out there!
Hi, the site is one of the Manx Telecom sites. I spoke to Craig (Emerson) this week who told me about the Carel situation. Strange though, we'd already ordered replacements from Emerson and were sent a box full of Johnson bits.
Do you work for them?

thebigcheese
28-01-2010, 09:11 PM
have these on airdales, always leaking