PDA

View Full Version : Tricool

multisync
19-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Anyone got access to these manuals as we have a N1 fault and can't clear it..

chemi-cool
19-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Have you tried contact them?

http://www.tricool.com/local_contact.htm

El Padre
19-01-2010, 03:25 PM
You could try ICS technical on 02380527346.

multisync
19-01-2010, 03:40 PM
We have tried both (they are the same as ICS)

They are completely useless. Don't ever get back, full of "ERR haven't got that to hand..we'll phone you back."

They are the absolute worst Manufacturer for technical assistance
primarily because they want all the work themselves and just ignore any request..we know we've been here before with them:rolleyes:

chemi-cool
19-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Woooooooooopss.........:eek:

Didn't Know you have "relations" with them....;)

SteveCass
19-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Does it have the Carel PCo controller? Perhaps a search for this type of controller will help, or maybe someone can help you with faults for them instead? If not some details on the chiller and perhaps one of the brainiacs here can help?

multisync
19-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Does it have the Carel PCo controller? Perhaps a search for this type of controller will help, or maybe someone can help you with faults for them instead? If not some details on the chiller and perhaps one of the brainiacs here can help?

it's got a N1 fault:confused:

VRVIII
19-01-2010, 07:53 PM

That's easy N1 = New 1 required :D:D:D

VRVIII
19-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Some small chiller manufactures use a Carel IR controller which indicates:

n1 = The compressor requires maintenance: the total running hours of the
compressor (direct parameter c9) has exceeded the setting of the timer
treshold for maintenance warning

Hopefully more helpful than previous post ;)

multisync
19-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Some small chiller manufactures use a Carel IR controller which indicates:

n1 = The compressor requires maintenance: the total running hours of the
compressor (direct parameter c9) has exceeded the setting of the timer
treshold for maintenance warning

Hopefully more helpful than previous post ;)

Hmm..I did say to ICS technical that I thought it was a maintenance code..that's when he said he'd have to get back..which of course he never did.

ICS -is short for something very rude..

croc1774
20-01-2010, 11:39 AM
hello multisync, can you please provide the serial number and model number of the unit in question and i will see what i can do for you,

regards croc

multisync
20-01-2010, 01:02 PM
hello multisync, can you please provide the serial number and model number of the unit in question and i will see what i can do for you,

regards croc

Thanks croc, I'll ask the engineer when he returns :cool:

El Padre
21-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi Multi,
VRV III is right, he has just jogged my memory, I have the alarms for a Ciat chiller which must use the same controller, if you go to C9 ( compressor one hour counter )and then press the up and down buttons simultaneously you will clear it.

I would attach the manual but have not got a clue how to as the file is too large.

Cheers

multisync
21-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks guy's all sorted. Our engineer spoke to a guy called simon at Aquacool who was really helpful.

ICS on the other hand are useless!!

VRVIII
21-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks guy's all sorted. Our engineer spoke to a guy called simon at Aquacool who was really helpful.

Hi Multi,

So what was the final conclusion? apart from the :rolleyes: service from ics :D

multisync
21-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Hi Multi,

So what was the final conclusion? apart from the :rolleyes: service from ics :D

I believe you were correct and it's something to do with 'maintenance'.

Our engineer rang this Simon (might not be correct name btw) and he talked him through the reset. The N1 rang a bell with us and looking back we had the same fault code but the engineer who attended then has long since left.

Boss emailed ISC back in 07 asking for a manual or assistance and guess what: They never replied

ICS are useless!!!!!

Magoo
22-01-2010, 02:04 AM
I really like the earlier comment on fault code description, "new one required " will program that into industrial systems PLc and computer scada systems for a laugh, and watch the accountants reactions.

VRVIII
22-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I believe you were correct and it's something to do with 'maintenance'.

Our engineer rang this Simon (might not be correct name btw) and he talked him through the reset. The N1 rang a bell with us and looking back we had the same fault code but the engineer who attended then has long since left.

Boss emailed ISC back in 07 asking for a manual or assistance and guess what: They never replied

ICS are useless!!!!!
Multi,

Are you trying to hint in some sort of round about way, that you weren’t impressed with the technical support? :confused:

Maybe you should start a poll, Who provides the worst tech support ;):D:D:D

VRVIII
22-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I really like the earlier comment on fault code description, "new one required " will program that into industrial systems PLc and computer scada systems for a laugh, and watch the accountants reactions.
Magoo,

There are another two very common engineer error codes, these might also be worth adding :D.

L8 = Engineer is always late attending site
UE = Useless engineer (I keep getting this one for some reason :confused:)

MrDom
10-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I emailed them about a service manual last night, they replied this morning and simply said sorry tricool dont exist anymore, so we cant help you.............

thanks that helps a lot.

chillerman2006
10-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Anyone needing tricool info should find Aqua cooling more helpfull

All ex tricool white & blue colour, nice bunch

Top engineers Simon B & Mark E, now own & run the show