View Full Version : F-Gas

Coolie
18-01-2010, 11:07 PM
What do you think of it?

Who has it?
Who doesn't?

Brian_UK
18-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Try a search on the subject, many threads already. :)

Coolie
18-01-2010, 11:11 PM
I know.

I am just interested in the general opinion of people...

I got mine last week....

monkey spanners
18-01-2010, 11:23 PM
It'll be a good thing if the police it properly, which they won't, i'll get fed up with trying to do things by the book when customers can't see the point as no one checks up on them/us, and decide to go and live abroad instead.

I have my ticket money saved already :D

cadwaladr
18-01-2010, 11:45 PM
well i am registered,we should tell our suppliers to insist on it but how many times do you see people leaving with refrigerant no paperwork basic checks done,then they put it in a car? van no diamonds on it.

YoungBoy
19-01-2010, 12:48 AM
I completed my F gas last week, the guy who took the class reckons engineers with it will be in demand??? thoughts???

paul thompson
19-01-2010, 09:23 AM
i passed c&g 2079 july 2009 . just wanted to get it done . i can see a lot of people waiting until close to the 2011 deadline and trying to get qualified last minute .its really not that hard too pass.(any half decent enginner will pass).

Quality
19-01-2010, 10:00 AM
It'll be a good thing if the police it properly, which they won't,

I`ll second That

PS. did mine in Oct or Nov 08

Coolie
19-01-2010, 06:43 PM
....no diamonds on it.

I was shocked to hear that the diamonds are only required by law when you carry over 1000kg

We only put them there to be kind to the fireman :-)

freezetech
20-01-2010, 09:58 PM
done mine in dec already been asked by a few clients if i m on the f gas register so it s started to educate customers to ask for it and 1 or 2 have checked it out

coolhibby1875
20-01-2010, 10:57 PM
to answer the question asked, is it worth it? NO its a bag of horse ****e

sparkatan
27-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I thing Part P is a pretty good example of what will happen with regards to policing F-Gas.

Sod all!

Part P is a stealth tax......

Voyager
11-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I was shocked to hear that the diamonds are only required by law when you carry over 1000kg

We only put them there to be kind to the fireman :-)

I already have diamonds on my Voyager.

But that's because it has an 85 litre LPG tank in the boot !

A couple of bottles of R134a is the last thing to worry about in an accident !

Silhouette
12-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Regardless, the fireman will still ask you to take them out of the vehicle as you are the qualified person!!
Been there, done that!!

paul thompson
14-02-2010, 12:09 AM
F GAS = KISS MY ASS . all of our engineers have had c&g 2079 cat 1 since aug last year , never been asked by any of our customers / contracts to provide proof that we are trading legally . waste of time

multisync
18-02-2010, 07:58 AM
F GAS = KISS MY ASS . all of our engineers have had c&g 2079 cat 1 since aug last year , never been asked by any of our customers / contracts to provide proof that we are trading legally . waste of time

Do you get asked to show your driving Licence?

mad fridgie
18-02-2010, 08:09 AM
I have my full city and guilds (not one of these part time courses), OK nearly 30years ago, If i came back to the UK, are my quals good enough or do I have do this "F" gas thing
"Hyperthetical"

multisync
18-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I have my full city and guilds (not one of these part time courses), OK nearly 30years ago, If i came back to the UK, are my quals good enough or do I have do this "F" gas thing
"Hyperthetical"

If you have the 2079 qualification then no but if you don't then yes. It's fairly easy to understand.

chillled
20-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I did mine last week, dead easy, nice lunch too. We did the one day special, not the 30 hours learning then exam. Our company said we didn't need it! about 80% passed!!

djbe
24-02-2010, 01:10 AM

He, He, tried quoting F gas to one of my customers that decided the law is above him. His response? " What the F*** are they going to do"

Sums it up, originally I was for it, now think it is just a way of getting extra cash out of us guys.

I am still on 2078 , will get 2079 to comply but think the whole procedure is poorly implemented. Mind you with the cyclops we have running the country is it any surprise?

Cheers guys& good luck,
djbe

tb637
25-02-2010, 01:45 AM
had to get c&g 2079 i had a phone call from defra saying to get back to them with certificate as soon as or else

paul thompson
26-02-2010, 04:08 PM
:(
Do you get asked to show your driving Licence?
who says ive even got a driving licence

multisync
26-02-2010, 05:05 PM
:(
who says ive even got a driving licence

Exactly. It proves my point. The client assumes you have the wherewithall to comply with the law. The fact that you may or may not have a licence will only become relevent if you have a crash or get stopped by a policemen...

What F-Gas needs are a lot more 'Policemen' -it's as simple as that..

paul thompson
27-02-2010, 12:56 AM
:eek:
Exactly. It proves my point. The client assumes you have the wherewithall to comply with the law. The fact that you may or may not have a licence will only become relevent if you have a crash or get stopped by a policemen...

What F-Gas needs are a lot more 'Policemen' -it's as simple as that..
true , but a lot of clients , i prefer the term customers ( clients makes me sound like prostitute . or hair stylist).are not aware of f gas . in any shape or form . we work for a few local aurthorites , they do not have the 1st idea :eek:

kevmass
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM
F-Gas 2079 ? i have done mine but when can we see wholesalers requesting for it when you purchase gas ? do customers out there know about the legal requirements of leak checking ? no most of them only want you in when it is broke and they are not going to pay to have you around for a couple of hours to leak check at their expense are they ? they can just say sorry DEFRA i didn't realise i need a leak check

cool runings
22-03-2010, 12:30 AM
F-Gas 2079 ? i have done mine but when can we see wholesalers requesting for it when you purchase gas ? do customers out there know about the legal requirements of leak checking ? no most of them only want you in when it is broke and they are not going to pay to have you around for a couple of hours to leak check at their expense are they ? they can just say sorry DEFRA i didn't realise i need a leak check

Ignorance is no defence.

Between July 2011 and Dec 2011 the EPA will make
a highly public prosecution. Small customers will be
ignored for a year or two but there will be one or two
big prosecutions.

The first thing the customer will do is blame you
the refrigeration engineer. So you had better do
your part of the job, iform the customer is all you
can do, but cover yourself because they will take
you down with them if they go down.

Cool runnings.

Silhouette
01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Has anyone done the 2079 course with HRP?
I've got mine at the end of May!

Quality
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Has anyone done the 2079 course with HRP?
I've got mine at the end of May!

If You don`t mind me askin what did it cost ya and how long was your training ?

Silhouette
02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Costing me nowt!
How much it's costing the company?
I've no idea!
Three days training.

slingblade
03-04-2010, 02:18 AM
This will never be checked, I work on chillers at a plastics factory who employ foriegn nationals and dont give a toss. F gas does not count as any kind of problem , mark my words.