PDA

View Full Version : who thought up the city and guilds 6127 because its virtually useless

tommo12
18-01-2010, 04:20 PM
this course is offered as a gateway into the trade by most colleges , It is 100% theory you can pass this exam without ever touching a coldroom and leave without having any practical skills that a employer wants , so when you go for a job and they ask you if you can change a expansion you are stumped, but you can tell them why polar bears are sad .

YoungBoy
18-01-2010, 11:57 PM
mate colleges just wanna get ur dollar an pass you off nomatter wat cos they get dollars and good scores... makes em look good its all politics!!! been there myself!

taz24
19-01-2010, 12:07 AM
this course is offered as a gateway into the trade by most colleges , It is 100% theory you can pass this exam without ever touching a coldroom and leave without having any practical skills that a employer wants , so when you go for a job and they ask you if you can change a expansion you are stumped, but you can tell them why polar bears are sad .

The 6127 is to demonstrate the therory behind the practical of the NVQ.
The 6127 is meant to be taken in conjunction with the 6087 NVQ.
It proves your knowledge and not your ability.

If you have it now, go on to get the full NVQ, it is a stepping stone, not the final qualification.

You should have been told this.
Employers will look at it favorably if you have it because it shows you are willing to learn and
possibly you have done it in your own time.

taz

mad fridgie
19-01-2010, 06:32 AM
I have qualifications (old ones), and lots of experience, but always willing to learn

"Why are polar bears sad?"

desA
19-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Because the iceberg they're on has just landed in Australia?

TRASH101
19-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Because the iceberg they're on has just landed in Australia?

Only a couple of thousand miles to go until snack time.

Perhaps then they can "pick up a penguin";)

cadwaladr
20-01-2010, 12:21 AM
my first days at college were about fires /heat? thought i was in the wrong class,but the visits to the mortuary were scary.but stick at it get as many quals you can but practical hands on is so important,polar bears dont they ride on foxs glacier mints? lol.