PDA

View Full Version : No ice!! Please help!! Whirlpool american style side by side fridge freezer

mandiz
17-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I have problems with my Whirlpool American style fridge freezer Model Frbb2vaf20, has stopped producing ice. I pushed the lever on the ice depenser & the light came on (as it should) & it made a grinding noise. So I switched the dispenser off & looked into the ice bucket & it was full.So I emptyed the bucket & crusher compartment, the ice tray empty.So I thought I had resolved the prob, so I switched the ice dipenser on, but it stays on permanently with the light & grinding noise on constantly, but still not producing any ice in either the ice tray or bucket.

It's not a problem with the freezer, as it is freezing ok.

Please can anyone help me!!!
(Please dont give me any silly comments, thank you)

George3519
17-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi there
Have you checked the arm which senses when the ice bucket is full. It operates a microswitch so you should hear it switching if you move it up and down. I assume you are getting drinking water

fridge doctor
18-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Can you clarify this please :

"So I emptyed the bucket & crusher compartment, the ice tray empty.So I thought I had resolved the prob, so I switched the ice dipenser on"

I can't understand what you are saying here.

fridge doctor
20-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Do apologise.... Just seen your request about 'no silly comments please'. So obviously you think I am taking the piss at your spelling and haven't bothered to reply.

No matter, I do have other things to do.