PDA

View Full Version : Vrv ii

El Padre
17-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Its Sunday morning, and I have returned to site to test a system that I have been working on, I have a fault and as there are two outdoor units, how do you determine which outdoor has the fault? Am I right in thinking that data can be accessed from the master only?

Cheers

VRVIII
17-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Its Sunday morning, and I have returned to site to test a system that I have been working on, I have a fault and as there are two outdoor units, how do you determine which outdoor has the fault? Am I right in thinking that data can be accessed from the master only?

Cheers

HI Padre,

Is the system a heat pump or heat recovery? Which model(s) M7, M8 or M9? What error code do you have?
Are you trying to establish which module of a multi module system has caused the error? (Master, slave1 or 2)

If this is the case:
On master module pcb press MODE button once - H1P will change from off to flashing (monitor mode)
Press SET button 14 times - H1P flashing / H4P, H5P & H6P on (binary 14)
Press RETURN button once - H4P, H5P, H6P & H7P = First digit of fault code (see service manual for details)
Press SET button once - H4P, H5P, H6P & H7P = Second digit of fault code (see service manual for details)
Press SET button – Which module has fault and additional fault info

- H4P & H5P = Which module has caused error:
- H4P OFF / H5P OFF = Master
- H4P OFF / H5P ON = Slave 1
- H4P ON / H5P OFF = Slave 2

- H6P & H7P = Addition fault info (see service manual for details)

Press MODE once to exit.

Note: The fault retrieval process is different on VRVIII and possibly M9 units, check correct service manual for details.

El Padre
17-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks VRV III,
The Model number is REYQ16M7W1B, I have found the fault, its just that I have done two or three consecutive jobs on multiple VRV II systems at the moment and could,nt find or understand, this process from the manual, thanks again for your prompt response.

Cheers

El Padre
17-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Just read the first part of your post, the fault was a U2 caused by a faulty Inverter PCB on the master unit, I have tested the comp winding insulation and swapped the Inverter boards from the master and slave just to confirm that the Compressor is ok. I am finding these units quite easy to work on, I hope that the VRV III is not too different.

Anyway time for a pint of Guinesss, just to take the edge off the drive home.

Cheers

laf100
17-01-2010, 05:03 PM
HI Padre,

Is the system a heat pump or heat recovery? Which model(s) M7, M8 or M9? What error code do you have?
Are you trying to establish which module of a multi module system has caused the error? (Master, slave1 or 2)

If this is the case:
On master module pcb press MODE button once - H1P will change from off to flashing (monitor mode)
Press SET button 14 times - H1P flashing / H4P, H5P & H6P on (binary 14)
Press RETURN button once - H4P, H5P, H6P & H7P = First digit of fault code (see service manual for details)
Press SET button once - H4P, H5P, H6P & H7P = Second digit of fault code (see service manual for details)
Press SET button – Additional fault info and which module has fault

- H4P & H5P = Addition fault info (see service manual for details)

- H6P & H7P = Which module has caused error:
- H6P OFF / H7P OFF = Master
- H6P OFF / H7P ON = Slave 1
- H6P ON / H7P OFF = Slave 2

Press MODE once to exit.

Note: The fault retrieval process is different on VRVIII and possibly M9 units, check correct service manual for details.

Although you have now diagnosed your fault, just to clarify:

LED’S 4 & 5 tell us which outdoor:

MA= both off SL1= 4 off 5 on SL2= 4 on 5 off

LED’s 6 & 7 tell us which component (ie. EEV 1, 2 or 3 or may be Comp' 1, 2 or 3)

6 off 7 on= component 1 6on 7 off= component 2 6 on 7on= component 3

:D

VRVIII
17-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Although you have now diagnosed your fault, just to clarify:

LED’S 4 & 5 tell us which outdoor:

MA= both off SL1= 4 off 5 on SL2= 4 on 5 off

LED’s 6 & 7 tell us which component (ie. EEV 1, 2 or 3 or may be Comp' 1, 2 or 3)

:D

Hi Laf,

You are correct, I have edited the previous post with correct info. Must have got mixed up with VRVIII as it's the other way round.

Thanks for highlighting my error :D:D:D

This is not the case for all error codes, when E7, L8, L9, U2, U7 or U9 error occurs H6P &H7P will then indicate the cause of error.

DEVIL
18-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Hello VRVIII
Now let's be serious how difficult would it be to at a little LCD and skip the stupid Daikin approach.
But in the end it might be a safety precaution so not every dude understands the way it works :)

El Padre
18-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi Laf and VRV III,

Nice to know that you are human VRV III :D (or was that a test!), I have made notes to put in my VRV II file.

Thanks and cheers