PDA

View Full Version : ARY30 RLA with a fault code

james cherry
16-01-2010, 04:39 PM
This system is a old R22 unit and the clock is flashing E.EEE
i pressed the 2 buttons and got a E6:00 code
i was told by a engineer that this is the outdoor heatxchange probe. i got a new probe but still getting the same fault code.
anyone know what this code means?
thanks

monkey spanners
16-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi James,

A quick search with google brought me to this :o

http://www.oceanairdist.co.uk/assets/pdf/fault_codes/Fujitsu%20Fault%20codes.pdf

Looks like 06 is outdoor heat exchanger temp sensor open circuit, have you changed the right sensor?
What is the new ones resistance?
Are there any dry joints on the board?

Are there any fault codes on the outdoor unit?
Sometimes there are and they don't show on the controller, check the little flashy lights.

The fault codes are often on a sticker on the inside of the panel on the outdoor unit, handy when checking the leds.

james cherry
17-01-2010, 08:03 PM
not checked the resistance of the old one but the one i got was from FM air and would be the correct one. also the plug's are colour coded too.
I took the interconnecting cable number 3 off and the indoor unit flashed up a different code. i wanted to make sure the code was from the outdoor unit and not from the indoor unit. i'm thinking it might be the outdoor board thats faulty. the LED1 flashes twice and then off for a long time. if you look at the website from oceanair the flashing would be down to power fault. the power is fine.

monkey spanners
17-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Whats led 2 doing? Going by the chart, led 1 would be on for 0.5 seconds and off for 2 seconds, this would be repeated and Led 2 would be iluminated continuously for power source connection error.

Is the unit 1ph or 3ph?