PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo Fault Code; P05

CraigMac0113
13-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I am having a re-occuring problem with a P05 fault code on a Sanyo 3-pipe VRF system.

I know this relates to a phase problem on the electric supply but can't find any power abnormalities.
The first time this appeared was at commisioning stage in October 09 when the electrician had wired supply wrong.
Once power had been reset, the system worked fine.

Since then, the P05 fault has appeared every 4 or 5 weeks. But all 3 phases of the power supply appear OK, so i reset the power and everything is fine again.

Has anybody heard off this problem?
Is it possible the fault could be remembered by the system?
Does it sound like an electrical problem?

Any ideas? any feedback would be a great help as i am at a dead end.
Thanks

pip29
13-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Have you powered it down for and few mins as some of the systems will not loose memory untill shut down for a period of time? Make sure all power is shut down to indoor and outdoor and controller

Brian_UK
13-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Have you checked all of the likely fault locations?

Check power on each phase, inverter pcb, control pcb.

Loose connection or dry joint perhaps.

troymedhurst
13-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I am having a re-occuring problem with a P05 fault code on a Sanyo 3-pipe VRF system.

I know this relates to a phase problem on the electric supply but can't find any power abnormalities.
The first time this appeared was at commisioning stage in October 09 when the electrician had wired supply wrong.
Once power had been reset, the system worked fine.

Since then, the P05 fault has appeared every 4 or 5 weeks. But all 3 phases of the power supply appear OK, so i reset the power and everything is fine again.

Has anybody heard off this problem?
Is it possible the fault could be remembered by the system?
Does it sound like an electrical problem?

Any ideas? any feedback would be a great help as i am at a dead end.
Thanks
Hi Craig,
I have had exactly the same problem, it went on intermittently for months.
I was even on the verge of having power monitors fitted to the incoming supply to see if it was a temperary surge or loss of power. The one day whilst on site, i went to get some lunch and just up the road I some some workman working on some power cables. I asked them what the problem was, and they told me that a phase has had a intermittent problem for the last 5 months. We have not had any problems since.
I would recommend talking to the local utility company, or if no joy with them, fit a power monitor to the main incoming supply to see any irregularities.
hope this helps and good luck
Troy

CraigMac0113
14-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Guys.
Thanks for the quick responses.
Not sure how to reply to you individualy, i'm new to this.
PIP;
I have powered down the outdoor unit for up to 5 mins. I will try a longer period, also power down indoor this time.
BRIAN;
I have checked the power on each phase from incoming mains, through to the control PCB, will also try disconnecting and reconnecting all connections.
TROYMEDHURST;
Since the first fault, there has been some YEB mains work in the road near the site, but i should mention there is another 2 Sanyo VRF systems that have not had any problems.
I am due back tommorow and have asked for an electrician to meet me to investigate the possible power failiure.
Thanks again. I'll keep you posted
Craig.

CraigMac0113
14-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Just a quick update on this one.
On site today and the latest P05 fault was on a completely different system than before, but somebody else has been to reset the power yesterday.
Electrician this morning has checked as much as he can and still no abnormalities on power side.
I have also checked all units for loose connections.
Maybe power monitor is next step.

troymedhurst
14-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Just a quick update on this one.
On site today and the latest P05 fault was on a completely different system than before, but somebody else has been to reset the power yesterday.
Electrician this morning has checked as much as he can and still no abnormalities on power side.
I have also checked all units for loose connections.
Maybe power monitor is next step.
Hi Craig,
It is really looking like power supply issues. At least you managed to find out about the other unit, it takes some of the other possibilities out of the equation.
good luck and keep us posted.
Troy

CraigMac0113
14-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi TroyMedhurst
I agree now that it must be an incoming power problem.
Today while checking the voltages, i witnessed a voltage drop on 1 of the phases. It dropped as low as 215v for a moment, when it usual ran at 238v on each phase.

thebigcheese
14-01-2010, 10:46 PM
get a recording meter fitted mate. (think its a hawk meter)

had this on an old mcquay a few years ago.
only without phase protection dropped two comps within 2months

CraigMac0113
16-01-2010, 09:48 PM
get a recording meter fitted mate. (think its a hawk meter)

had this on an old mcquay a few years ago.
only without phase protection dropped two comps within 2months

Hi Cheesy.
I spoke with the electrical contractor and put it in thier hands to meter the incoming mains.
He told me that there was a phase down a couple of months ago and work has been carried out on it but i think there's more problems to be found.
Will post results whenever it is resolved.

croc1774
18-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Hello Craig, i dont suppose your other post is for the same units ?

P05 Reverse phase (or missing phase) detected, capacity mismatch.

master,slave?
capacity correct?
regards croc

kelvin01
04-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Now then CraigMac0113.

Didn't know you were registered on this site.

I've been on here since i had some power problems with some MHI kit.

Can't beleive we are still having these power problems on that job of ours.

What are your latest findings after your latest visit?

Let us know

Best mate and fellow Commissioning Engineer.

Daz

CraigMac0113
23-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Ok, back to this one again.
I have had power monitors fitted recently, about 2 days into monitoring, the P05 popped up on 2 systems together and the power readings weren't showing any abnormalities so the electrical contractor took the monitors away.
Never saw any readings myself but they were between 244v-230v(apparently)
Driving me mad now.

R1976
25-02-2010, 11:17 PM
We recently had this on a site where they were switching to back up generators, Phase reversal. Sounds like you have identified a problem already though.

CraigMac0113
09-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Sanyo engineer attended this site and after a couple of hours headscratching and deleting all fault histories, he then decided that the power boards in the condensing unit detects a phase missing so if there is no power problem then the boards must be faulty and need replacing.
4 out of the 6 units with faulty boards seems a little unlikely in my opinion.
Going to change them this week.

I will update results if this solves it.

techguy
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi Craig.

I work for Sanyo and had a similar problem some months back. Can you tell me a bit more about the system??

Is it one or more outdoor units on a single refrigerant circuit??.

If the power PCBs were faulty this can be chacked by swapping them from another unit locally.

If there was a fault on the mains power then every unit should have tripped on
P05.

Get back to me asap or contact me directly and I'll be glad to help you out in any way I can

T

techguy
08-04-2010, 12:44 PM
DOOH "Checked". Thats what I get for clicking submit before I proof read

kelvin01
18-05-2010, 01:46 PM
To all that have helped on this post i thought you would like to know that this fault has now been rectified on site.

We had ICG technical out to investigate and we went over everything with a fine toothcomb.

After all areas were checked it was discovered that the new Generation 5 units didn't have a resistor in parallel with the communication cable. This is usually mounted on the unit side of the outdoor unit terminals and is around 600 ohms on the generation 4 units.

We fit resistors to the units and this fault has not returned in 3 months.
Also we cut all grounded sheaths on any cables to make sure we weren't getting any interference from that.

So if any body is having the same P05 problems as we have had i would check for resistors first.

The resistors we used were from a multipack that are available at any maplin store for around £8.00. You get loads of resistors in the pack and can be used for getting out of many other situations.