PDA

View Full Version : Fault Diagnosis Flow Chart

Blueboy
13-01-2010, 07:01 AM
I am looking for a flow chart to put on the side of a cold room that helps the user decide whether or not to call me out at 0300 am. This is a fairly standard cold room with Run and Back up systems so in theory should anything go wrong the second system comes in and the problem can be solved in normal working hours! Somehow this has been lost in translation!! I am thinking a nice simply flow chart would be good. I have had a couple of goes but don't seem to be getting anything that looks:rolleyes: helpful. CAN ANYONE HELP!!!

Brian_UK
13-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Without knowing exactly how your system operates it is a bit difficult for us to write up a chart for you.

Try writing down how you expect the system to work and what happens during fault conditions.

With the list in front of you it should be able to develop a chart from that.

Most 'office'type software has flow chart tools built in so maybe have a try with that too.

edit: Came across this, below, which might help you develop yours...
http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2002/WHO_V&B_02.31.pdf

Magoo
14-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Blueboy keep it basically basic. Like door open, yardy yardy. Otherwise you will have client creating system havic, usually in the middle of the night. And they will deny touching anything, which will create a real can of worms for you.
magoo

R. skiffington
20-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Just tell them to ask themselves one simple question before calling.
IS THE CHILLER COLD? Yes - don't call the engineer untill the morn. No - call the engineer. Easy.