PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Chiller

colin28
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi, Iam having problems with oil pressure on a Global GX series chiller with screw compressors.I have replaced the external oil filter but I think I need to replace the internal filter.
Does anyone know how this is accessed please ?

Brian_UK
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Assuming that you mean the 30GX series then the filter is behind the plug.

Useful? no probably not. ;)

Have a read of the manual from Carrier and look on page 38.

http://eto.carrier.com/litterature/iom/13050_IOM_07_2008_30GX_HX_LR.pdf

GHAZ
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
hi colin you need a 19mm alan key on a 1/2 inch socket to open the round plug, and then a long nose pliers to pull the internal filter out,

iceman007
18-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi, Iam having problems with oil pressure on a Global GX series chiller with screw compressors.I have replaced the external oil filter but I think I need to replace the internal filter.

Isolate the oil line at the separator. You will need to bleed the oil pressure off through the access port at the compressor. If it doesn't bleed off, then you have to drop the refrigerant charge. With the pressure bled off, there is a 3/4 inch allen key fitting on the compressor at the top, uncrew it and the ineternal filter is behind that, just be careful how you remove it and then change, screw back in, evacuate the oil line open it up and start the machine. The oil pump will develop enough pressure to start, easy as that.

Groid
19-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Internal oil filter is at top of compressor just beside the terminal box, you will need a 19mm alan key or socket to remove simply turn off machine purge any pressure from the shrader directly next to the cover then you can safely remove it.

Alternatively call a Carrier Service Department

harrykica84
01-02-2010, 05:08 AM
its hard to get to

also does anyone know how to make a mod for vacuum forming plastic

also using spray in insulation

and what would be a good liner for a wooden barrel?