PDA

View Full Version : copeland digital scroll tech

Lc_shi
12-01-2005, 09:14 AM
I've known that LG and Midea apply copeland digital scroll compressor to their VRV AC. I don't know how about this situation in EU. I've once contact copeland engineer but i give up it and turn to variable frequence tech. I can't trust this tech is a real breakthrough. how do you think it?

dogma
08-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Isn't the copeland digital scroll simply a refined method of cylinder unloading? The ecentric of the scroll raises up and down giving the required capasity no????

I'm not sure how long these compressors will last . I can see the possibility of uneaven wear in the scoll.

I understand the technology has been around for about 6 years so maybe there are some service stories some of the techs on RE can let us all in on.

_DOGMA_

dogma
08-11-2008, 04:58 AM
1993 - Development of Digital Scoll concept
1995 - First prototype developed
1997 - completed concept design
1999 - Refrigeration Application completed and started to develop A/C product.
2000 - stopped production of Varible Speed Compressors and started to supply samsung
2002 - started to supply the rest of Asia.

-- This is a lil bit of the history of Copeland digital scroll. --

Brian_UK
08-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Having a troll around the old posts today ?? :)

dogma
09-11-2008, 04:21 AM
I havn't been back to RE for a while so yes... :) Having a look at what i've missed..

thmech
24-11-2008, 04:18 AM
I am interesting in digital scroll technology (VRF system)...Has anybody used it?

pubwvj
27-05-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm interested in the variable scroll compressors too. We're building a very small meat processing plant. Loads will vary substantially. Energy efficiency is a must. Available power is single phase and only 100 Amps at 240 Volts.

(As to old posts, that is the beauty of the net, one can look back, learn and continue a discussion over the years. Archives are a gold mine.)