PDA

View Full Version : Wireless 7 day remote control timer for Air COn

back2space
11-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Hi there.

Does anyone know of a wireless remote controller that is able to be programmed to turn the air conditioner on/off in different patterns, I appreciate this would need to be pointing at the unit to work etc.

Thank you.

superswill
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
will this do the job?

http://www.ryanairconspares.com/advanced-engineering-mimic-universal-conditioning-remote-control-p-391.html

back2space
11-01-2010, 06:38 PM
will this do the job?

http://www.ryanairconspares.com/advanced-engineering-mimic-universal-conditioning-remote-control-p-391.html

Yeh that does look like something I need, I was looking on ebay at the same remotes, but the advert wasnt written in very good English so I thought how is this going to work.

Do you think this works by being installed pointing near the unit to turn it on and off etc?

Brian_UK
12-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Do you think this works by being installed pointing near the unit to turn it on and off etc?
Yes, most hand held remotes need to be pointing at the unit to operate.

Normally mount the remote wall bracket under the unit and leave the remote in it's holster; they can talk to each other then.

back2space
12-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Yes, most hand held remotes need to be pointing at the unit to operate.

Normally mount the remote wall bracket under the unit and leave the remote in it's holster; they can talk to each other then.

So it will turn on the unit automatically without user intervention via the 7 day timer.

I was just wondering you see as it mentions it can provide 7 day timer to older units that dont even have that function.

Seems good doesnt it.

croc1774
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
For £ 32 why not buy one and try it out.
if it dont work return it to supplier.
they are easy to use but are a really bright blue.
climate centre sell them too or i no of a company that sells them for £170 lol:p

Brian_UK
12-01-2010, 08:43 PM
For external timer function read "automated ON/OFF", nothing complicated.