PDA

View Full Version : LG LAN185HV display failure

MacOne
10-01-2010, 10:27 PM
We have an LG split-system unit, model no. LAN185HV. Between someone using it 'incorrectly' and someone trying to 'fix it' (I don't know the details of what happened), the LED/display lights don't come on. The unit itself can still be turned on by either the button on the side or the remote. And, thanks to the remote, I can adjust the unit so that it does what I wish of it. However, I'm not thrilled the LED doesn't show any more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian_UK
10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
You'll have to ask the person who 'fixed it' what they did so that it can be reversed.

MacOne
10-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Hypothetically, if the one who 'fixed it' can't undo what they did because they don't remember, is there some kind of unit reset button or something?

MacOne
10-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Since I don't see where to edit my previous post, I have since found out, from one person's point of view, what happened. The first person had turned it up to what she thought was 75. The second person saw it was at 84. Person2 then took the remote and tried to turn the temp down. That didn't work, so she just turned it off (all via remote). Upon turning it back on, the lights didn't work. That is as much as I know.

MacOne
11-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Problem fixed!

Brian_UK
11-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Problem fixed!
OK, what was it ??