PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV II Field Code 13-5

mchild
08-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Can anyone tell me what Field Code 13-5-x does. The description states "Field fan speed selection (fan speed control by air discharge outlet for phase control)" with three second code settings shown of 01=Standard, 02=Optional Accessory 1, and 03=Optional Accessory 2.

Does this allow for fan speed control other than with the controller? What would the optional accessories be? Is this for just certain indoor units?

Thanks for any help.

VRVIII
08-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Can anyone tell me what Field Code 13-5-x does. The description states "Field fan speed selection (fan speed control by air discharge outlet for phase control)" with three second code settings shown of 01=Standard, 02=Optional Accessory 1, and 03=Optional Accessory 2.

Does this allow for fan speed control other than with the controller? What would the optional accessories be? Is this for just certain indoor units?

Thanks for any help.

Hello Mchild :D
Field setting 13-5 was normally only used for older domestic units, when an option like a humidifier has been installed. When setting 13-5-02 & 13-5-03, fan speed is slightly increased.
On newer FXDQ units this setting is used for ESP adjustment, to increase fan speed depending on static pressure of installed ducting.
13-5-01 = Standard (15Pa)
13-5-02 = High static setting (44Pa)

mchild
09-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Hello Mchild :D
Field setting 13-5 was normally only used for older domestic units, when an option like a humidifier has been installed. When setting 13-5-02 & 13-5-03, fan speed is slightly increased.
On newer FXDQ units this setting is used for ESP adjustment, to increase fan speed depending on static pressure of installed ducting.
13-5-01 = Standard (15Pa)
13-5-02 = High static setting (44Pa)

Thanks VRV III. I thought the humidifier settings were in code 15. So, it does not work with FXSQ units?

VRVIII
09-01-2010, 12:55 AM
mchild;173183]Thanks VRV III. I thought the humidifier settings were in code 15.

15 settings are for control adjustment of installed options.

So, it does not work with FXSQ units

The static press on FXSQ--K/M (multi tap fan motor)ESP is adjustment by relocating a plug on indoor PCB

On the current FXSQ--P units (inverter fan motor) than can either be manually set by field setting or the unit can be put through a self leaning function to automatically set ESP.

mchild
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
On the current FXSQ--P units (inverter fan motor) than can either be manually set by field setting or the unit can be put through a self leaning function to automatically set ESP.

That is interesting and good to hear that Daikin has moved to inverter driven blower motors (lower cost to operate) that can monitor torque and adjust accordingly.