PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi PUHZ -RP140VHA2

pen_ster2002
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi all,

Just taken on maint on site with several of these systems. The customer is having problems with one unit. Customer says he was having trouble with unit since last company made some changes to the "set up". He has one unit installed in a Gym feeding two PKA-RP71FAL 's. And another unit in a dance studio feeding two of the same wall mounted units. There is one PAR-21MAA controller in each room. The one in the dance studio is working fine, but the one in the gym did not want to start up. The controller will not let me make any changes when you press the on button the little icon in the bottom left just flashes to say that it is being controlled by a central controller. I have since read the technical manual for the controller. The display does not show the function crossed out on the controller so I dont think it is locked down. But I find it hard to see why this unit would be centrally controlled when the same set up in the next room is not. have read the manual cover to cover and the only thing I can find is about setting the controller to master or sub but as I say there is only one controller installed. Anyone out there who could point me in the right direction? As I say I have just taken the maint for the site and would like to make the right impression!

Thanks in advance.

Thermatech
07-01-2010, 11:49 PM
If the system is stand alone you could check indoor units to see if a 3 wire adaptor has been used for somthing like fire alarm shut down as that would show 'central control' at the remote controller.

If there is a central controller then any local RC function settings could be locked so that you can only control from the central controller.

pen_ster2002
08-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info thermatech. I went back today the systems where tagged onto remote operation adaptor then back to the trend. He was happy to have them removed from the trend system and to run them seperatly. Thanks again.