PDA

View Full Version : how to adjust the temperature differential in Thermo king RD II sr

Vikram Khurana
07-01-2010, 11:40 AM
I have recently purchased 12 units of latest RD II sr of Thermo King.
The factory setting of temperature differential is of 3 degrees ....Is it possible that I can change it to 6 degrees so that I can save on fuel and even reduce my cost of operation. MY major customers are from Pharmaceutical industry...
Please help

Regards,

Vikram Khurana

cadwaladr
07-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I have recently purchased 12 units of latest RD II sr of Thermo King.
The factory setting of temperature differential is of 3 degrees ....Is it possible that I can change it to 6 degrees so that I can save on fuel and even reduce my cost of operation. MY major customers are from Pharmaceutical industry...
Please help

Regards,

Vikram Khuranahi vikram can you not run them on half speed by pressing the button on the in cab control.

oldesky
07-01-2010, 11:54 PM
I would suggest you called in a qualified refrigeration mechanic to look over the system and adjust the temperature for you. He will then be able to make sure this is not detrimental to the refrigeration system. Such as compressor short cycling etc

lowcool
08-01-2010, 12:43 AM
why would you want to threaten the lives of your fellow countrymen to save a few bucks

gravy258
09-01-2010, 01:24 AM
don't use the low speed turtle button as a fuel saver.
This will result in the unit running hot as air flow is decreased. Its meant to quiten the unit if you park it outside shops for fifteen minutes etc..

Six degrees before it cycles back on isn't effective temperature control. You should look at better insulation for the refrigerated compartment, that way it will cycle on less.