PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu problems

Oz_sparky
07-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Hey guys,

First timer to the site but im needing some help. I have a fujitsu ast9lsacw and i went to turn it on this morning and it wasnt producing any colder air after a minute or 2, i looked at the wall unit and the power light ( red ) is flashing 5 times, and the timer light ( green ) is continously flashing. Ive tried finding error codes, and even found one booklet from fujitsu but it doesn't give me flashes it just corrospondes in letters. I am still able to operate the unit, but it just seem's reguardles of the change in temperature on the handset it just keeps giving out room temp air. Any help would be much appriecated.

Cheers daz

nike123
07-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Turn the unit off then on again. After that press test button on remote control (rear side) and look how many times now operation and timer LED flashes. Note that. Then press MANUAL/AUTO button on indoor unit until you hear 3 beeps from buzzer. That will erase error memory.
Switch off and than on unit and see if indication repeat or it is gone. If it is gone, keep using your unit.
If it is repeated post your notes here.

ozairman
07-01-2010, 08:50 AM
hey Nike I should call you Quickdraw McGraw :)
5 x Operation flash and a constant Timer flash indicates an outdoor unit control error. With this code flashing on the indoor unit, you need to point the remote at the unit and push the test run button. The flash pattern will change to a continuously flashing Operation light and a number of flashes of the timer light which gives more detail on what the error is.

To get the unit to try to restart you need to push and hold the manual/auto button on the indoor unit for a few seconds then reset the mains power supply but leave it off for a minute or so for the unit to power down completely. If you are going to try this make sure you make a note of any error codes first if you have to get someone out to look at it, it will help them a lot.

Oz_sparky
08-01-2010, 02:38 AM
hey airman, i tried as you suggested and now instead of the 5 operation lights and constant timer, it has reversed itself and is giving me a constant operational and 5 timer flashes per interval. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Cheers for the info, any much would be much appreicated.

nike123
08-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Compressor Location Error

The compressor speed does not synchronize with the control signal. (Including start up failure of the compressor)
> Permanent stop.
[Diagnosis Point]
- Check if 2 way valve or 3 way valve is left open.
- Check the compressor (Winding resistance value, Loose lead wire).
- Refrigeration cycle defective

ozairman
08-01-2010, 04:40 PM
After the time delay when the outdoor unit is energised the condenser fan will start and you should hear some sort of noise from the compressor trying to start, does this happen?
It is most likely to be a failed compressor especially if it makes unhappy sounds when it is trying to get going (ie sounds like it a car engine running on 3 cylinders or it is rattling or ticking) but it could also be the inverter drive. If you have access to a Daikin or EDC inverter checker box to hook up in place of the compressor then that is an easy way to confirm the inverter output is OK. The compressor winding resistances should be 0.512 ohms between each phases (it is a 3 phase compressor) unless you have a milliohm meter you will probably struggle to measure it to any real degree of accuracy. The tolerance is a maximum 5% imbalance ie 0.025 ohms!

BoardMan
20-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Compressor Location Error

The compressor speed does not synchronize with the control signal. (Including start up failure of the compressor)

Sometimes the error is produced by freezing of the compressors' oil. In our location we have 3-4 similar problems. After heating the compressor with external hot air gun for a 5-10 minutes, fix the problem.

dhan
20-01-2010, 01:01 PM
can you please send to me the method statement of the installation of air handling unit(AHU)? Thank you