PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Temperature Control

gwapa
04-01-2010, 07:03 PM
A company calls me to assist them in the air conditioning of a existing Kitchen and Dinner room. Can eat 100 worker at same time
The workers have protested due to the high temperature in the kitchen area.
The A/C system in the dinner area works ok “nobody says anything)
The kitchen has some internal rooms, Vegetable preparation room, Meat Preparation Room, Barkley Room, Salad Preparation Room, Office Room, Storage Room and Women and Men Rooms
The outside temperature reach to 35șC, so inside the kitchen is at least 39șC and very humid.
We agreed to supply 100 % of the outside air through an Air Handle Unit. The supply air temperature could be 15șC. The air supply will go first to the different rooms thorough ductwork and then to the kitchen where it will be extracted thought the hoop.
The questions are:
How do I control the temperature of each room and the kitchen itself? Once a balance the flow of air I could not play with it
I appreciate your comments
Regards
Gwapa

Brian_UK
04-01-2010, 07:18 PM
You would need to fit re-heaters in the branch ducts serving the different rooms.

nike123
04-01-2010, 07:51 PM
How do I control the temperature of each room and the kitchen itself? Once a balance the flow of air I could not play with itBy chiller and duct type fan coil in each room and 1 at main supply duct.
Then you only control supply of water to fan coils by 3 way-valves and air flow is unchanged.
Main supply fan coil is regulated to supply air to highest required temperature and room fan coils cool further to desired room temperature off each room.
You could buy second hand fan coils and remove fans, or you could use new and switch fans to work in parallel with main duct fan coil.

gwapa
05-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Brian_UK / nike123
I think reheat the air in each branch of ductwork is good idea however it will drier the room a lot. Beside hear in the Tropic countries is no easy to find heaters to fit to a branch.

The Nike123 ideas look easier to accomplish. I already have the main fan and I could install a fancoil in each branch.
Thanks a lot to you two