PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pump

Northdude
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Can anybody tell me where i can buy an oil pump in the UK? (for pumping oil into compressor), have tried kooltech and they dont stock them, was wondering if anywhere else sells them? Thanks :D

cadwaladr
03-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Can anybody tell me where i can buy an oil pump in the UK? (for pumping oil into compressor), have tried kooltech and they dont stock them, was wondering if anywhere else sells them? Thanks :Donly in the n/west pm me if you need contact details.

Northdude
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks cadwaladr, but im in newcastle, need to get a hold of one for tomorrow morning if possible!

ptsac
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Dean and Wood, HRP, Climate centre all supply manual oil pumps.

monkey spanners
03-01-2010, 03:46 PM
If you can pump it down, you can pull a vacuum on the compressor body with your vac pump and use this to pull some oil in through the oil fill connection and a gauge line.
Its easier if you lines have taps in.

Northdude
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
thanks for that, wasnt sure if climate would stock them, good idea monkey if i get stuck getting a hold of one i will try that, cheers

lowcool
03-01-2010, 10:26 PM
monkey spanners on the money,with the hydroscopic tendencies and the make up of oil nowadays i would steer clear of using a manual pump a charging cylinder is the better solution and can be used for system flushing also