PDA

View Full Version : Weird enough

botrous
03-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I just want to share this problem with you , so you can be aware from that . . .
Last year we were mounting 13 AC's at Bershla " a cloth store in Kaslik Lebanon " after the team of the company finished there job we came to deliver the AC's to the owners of the shop , as I was the technical manager of the Kesserwan section in that company it was me the one who is responsible infront of the owners , we started the some ACs , suddenly I realised that ice was accumulating on 2 of the evaporators , the fans were not working , as first sight i thought that the fans power supply was broken or their control was failing . . . but after testing i realized that the problem is much bigger . . .
Guess what ?
the electricity technician wired different outdoor units to different indoor units , so the compressor of one is running but the indoor fan is in a stop condition .
I asked the technician to run the 13 AC's at the same time , the problem was solved as the 13 AC's are the same "same trade mark and model" , but would that be a radical solution , what if the owner wanted to run a defined number of AC's without the others ???? The same problem may occure depending on if the crossed wiring ACs are running together or not.
We repaired the fault and made the wirings as it should be . . .
I was a real shame for us , the Foreman was fired as well as the electrician
But beleive me , it was a real naughty situation for me infront of the customer. :eek: :mad: :(

eggs
04-01-2005, 01:12 AM
i can't wait until this part p kicks into full swing.
this will be a daily occurrence.
and for once, surly it can not be at our expence.

cheers

eggs

Peter_1
04-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Botrous,

I think we we all make such a mistakes.
Read back some old posts and you will see that this topic was mentioned already some times.
So, I disagree you have to fire someone for such mistakes. Otherwise we were all fired already in the past, included myself. And it's always better to test everything before you give the customer a demonstration.
Those faults will always happen, don't forget, we're not machines.

ROB FORD
04-01-2005, 09:54 AM
:cool: Hi Rob Ford here, Its great to be a part of the forum, and Im raring to go. I agree with Peter, I never hand over an istalation until I am satisfied that all is well. Sometimes the electricians who wire up the aircons I install find it strange that I test the drains before I hand over, but I feel nothing should be left to chance. A few minutes spent checking equals hours of peace of mind.

Brian_UK
04-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Welcome Rob; yes it's funny how people think that water will disappear all on its own

botrous
04-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Hey guys don't blame for firing them , i was just a regional manager , the firing order was from the board of directors and there was nothing i can do . . . the forman as well as the electrician are both my friends :( :mad:

chemi-cool
04-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi Botrous,

Had the same problem on a milk vat but because the two condensing units wored together, it took some years to discover the mistake.

It took me some time to realize what went wrong.

Chemi :)

botrous
05-01-2005, 05:39 PM
That's something strange , In my case , if i tested all the AC's at once i wouldn't never discovered the problem . . . but luck take a part in our lifes