PDA

View Full Version : Oil seperator?

Northdude
30-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I have a copeland condensing unit which has ruptured a leak on the oil seperator, can this be bypassed temporarily? Or will it damage the system? The freezer is full of stock.

chemi-cool
30-12-2009, 03:37 PM
If the freezer is below the condensing unit, you might loose all the oil.

You did not mentioned the refrigerant in the system but increasing the superheat will help you bringing the oil back when you run without an oil separator.

Northdude
30-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi chemi, it has a 404 exp valve on it but it looks really old, it is above the evap, also the oil type is ester

chemi-cool
30-12-2009, 04:28 PM
If you cant get a new oil separator , recover the refrigerant and by pass it for a few days.

Look back in the forum for a post by nike123 about POE return. There is a different approach for the U oil trap.

You might have enough time before everything will defrost to make one.

On the other hand, nothing will defrost now in England;)

Northdude
31-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks for that chemi, i bypassed it for now, will look at nikes post, you are right, nothing will defrost in england, im looking at 4 feet of snow outside my window haha. :D

chemi-cool
31-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Please come back after you have fixed it and tell us how did it go, some pictures will help us all to understand what was it all about.

Northdude
03-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Will do chemi!

yangchenchen
06-01-2010, 08:33 AM
"You did not mentioned the refrigerant in the system but increasing the superheat will help you bringing the oil back when you run without an oil separator."
why increasing the superheat will help bringing the oil back? I have never heard this kind of theory.
You mean: when the superheat increases, the expansion provide more refrigerant to the evaporator, and the oil will return to the compressor easily?
and when the superheat increases, the suction temperature increases too, so the discharge temperature increase too, and more refrigerant will leave the compressor with refrigerant.