PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Brine Chiller

charlie n
30-12-2009, 03:28 PM
My Company is buying a used Carrier 30GT-190 chiller that we want to used as a rink chiller for temporary outdoor rinks. The manuals I can find refer to a low LCWT limit of 1.7 degrees and a "factory modification" to permit operation down to -9.4 LCWT. Does anyone know how to reset this limit so we can run down below 1.7?

Brian_UK
30-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry, can only find 30GTN documents on this Carrier site...

http://eto.carrier.com/lit.asp

gregd1401
31-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Brine selection is via dip switch setting however may require EXV change due to being over capacity at lower suction pressure.

charlie n
31-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the help guys. We may have to use "percussive maintenance" to get it to work but I hope we can find the correct solution.

Grizzly
31-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi Charlie.
Is this the old type with the Flowtronic Control system?
I so, as you state Carrier say that Factory Mods are required.
Normally access to these has to be with the Carrier software.
Although I did work with an ex Carrier Engineer a couple of years ago.
Who accessed the controls and reset the expansion valve control parameters.
(Without the Software)

I suspect this is what Gregd is refering to above.
I think this mod is not for the faint hearted.
I may still have some hard copy details archived.
Sadly I have not got anything in pdf format.
If you can get hold of someone from Carrier or that is ex Carrier.
That may be your answer?

Good Luck Grizzly

charlie n
01-01-2010, 01:52 PM
My people have been talking to Carrier in China but they don't seem to know anything about the system. It was imported some time ago so, as I understand, it has the old Flowtronic control system that Grizzly is referring to.

forest ou
08-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi, buddy. I am sales on brine chillers from China . to my experience , you just ask the Carrier company for the maintenance code. you incode it in the touch screen. and you can reset your data there. normally. the protection point is 5C lower than the working temperature . just like . if you need lowest outlet is -10C, you can set the protection point to be -15C.

Hope it make sense to you.