PDA

View Full Version : How to reduce the oil pressure on Hall V127 6Cyl.

hallman
30-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Hello,
^^ I'm just new member. Happy New year

I've question, could you pelase:

How can I reduce the oil pressure in Compressor "J-E-Hall" type "V127"
the oil pressure now is 4
after I take oil gauge minus with suction gauge which are 6 and 2 accordingly.

"Why I want to reduce?"
I have a problem in wash disc" oil leak? something like that< I will check it again

however I don't know how to at least reduce oil pressure in this compressor

Thank you

HallsEngineer
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
The pressure is pretty much set by the relief valve internal to the pump. You can change the drive gears to change your flow in accordance with J&E Hall instructions. I would ask what is leaking and why? I would suggest a top end overhaul.

bill1983
04-01-2010, 08:42 PM
hi hallman and welcom to the forums.
ideally we need some more information,suchas app;ication, design temp, refrigerant, type of system, superheat measurements and others. as much as you can suppl really.
anyway, if i understand you correctly, you have a problem with oil being washed out from a compressor ( vee type?) giving 4 bar net oil pressure.
what is your superheat measurement at the time of wash out? if your superheat is low, you could have liquid returning to the compressor for various reasons, such as reduced suction pressure caused by poor heat transfer in the evaporator, look for icing on the evaporator, poor airflow, anythng that could cause low suction pressure.
your problem may however be due to increased discharge temperatures; look for poor heat exchange on the high pressure side of the system, poor condenser heat exchange due to fouling, poor airflow. or your problem may be due to some kind of mechanical failure within the compressor. try a pump down test to see if valve plate damage could cause the symptoms you have described.
get back to us soon. we will do what we can to help.