PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Twin Split

Slim R410a
29-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Just been given the order for the following;

1No. RAV-SP1404AT-E Super digital outdoor 14kw.
2No. RAV-SM802KRT-E High wall indoor 7kw.

Question is that I have been told by my supplier that the wall mounted twin systems do not come with a refnet joint as they have pmv's and I am just to just a standard refrigeration 'T' piece instead.
This to me just seems strange as I have always in the past used the 'Y' piece refnets with Daikin etc or is this the norm with this type of system??

Thanks in advance,

Brian_UK
29-12-2009, 08:53 PM
If you want some manuals for these check out here...
http://www.cooldesignsltd.co.uk/toshiba-manuals.htm

One of them shows a tee piece in a mini-schematic but the other quotes Branch Pipe ref RBC-TWP30E-2/50E-2 so it seems that they do have something available.

edit: Just found this on the twin kit....

http://www.toshiba-aircon.co.uk/technical/Light%20Commercial/DIGITAL%20INVERTER/Installation/Digital%20Inverter%20Twin%20Kit%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

Kp3
29-12-2009, 09:43 PM
get tees from your local wholesaler they work the same and much cheaper than from tosh

Slim R410a
30-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks for that.
Yes my suppliuer told me just to provide my own Tees from elsewhere.
Never bought these before. Are there different types or just plain standard tees? Also suitable for R410a? Will need 5/8 and 3/8''. Will HRP stock them as will order other bits from them.

Kp3
30-12-2009, 04:16 PM
yeah standard tees will be fine just nitro braze and try to get the same amount of pipework each side of the tee i.e. 3m either side of the tee to the units

r0ss
30-12-2009, 05:47 PM
This to me just seems strange as I have always in the past used the 'Y' piece refnets with Daikin etc or is this the norm with this type of system??

Thanks in advance,

Mitsi use 'T' joints as well mate for their 2 pipe VRF system - so its nothing unusual :)

eggs
30-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Just to repeat and confirm what all the others say, yes just use standard T's.
I have made the mistake of buying the genuine Tosh kit once, guess what turned up :( standard T's.

Eggs

Slim R410a
31-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Mitsi use 'T' joints as well mate for their 2 pipe VRF system - so its nothing unusual :)

Yeah I remember reading ages ago on here about Mitsi using tees.

Eggs, the Tosh tee kit, do you not even get insulation for the joints?

Also the wiring of this as far as I gather is from master to slave 1,2 and earth (not 3 comms) connected and then from controller to master to slave is a and b daisy chained?? Anything else I need to do i.e dip switches?

Can this outdoor unit be disabled to cooling only??

Thanks,

Kp3
31-12-2009, 01:04 PM
that is correct 1,2 and earth not 3. controller A and B to master then to slave no need to touch dip switches on splits they set there selfs up unlike there vrf's

slaphead
26-01-2010, 10:07 PM
For future reference, the "Twin Kit" has STANDARD refrigeration tee's but also has electrical filters, one per indoor unit, the filters were originally required to meet CE markings.
Save money and use box standard tee's, the filters are no longer needed.

Have fun.