PDA

View Full Version : Capillary Tubing

Graham
29-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Please help with the measurement of the Outside Diameter of .055 Cap Tube. Thanks in advance.

monkey spanners
29-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I think you'd need a vernier caliper or similar to measure the outside diameter.
If you have an adjustable wrench and some drill bits you could clamp the capiliary with the jaws then try and see which drill fit in the jaws too, then read the size off the drill bit.

Grizzly
29-12-2009, 06:24 PM
I think you'd need a vernier caliper or similar to measure the outside diameter.
If you have an adjustable wrench and some drill bits you could clamp the capiliary with the jaws then try and see which drill fit in the jaws too, then read the size off the drill bit.

Ms Has the practical solution.

The link below may Help?
Grizzly

http://www.daycoindustries.com/pdfs/Copper_Capillary_Tubing.pdf

Graham
05-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for link. I have since found the copy of the table I had on file plus another on the web. All 3 are differrent. It would also appear that using the Outside Diameter as a means of determining the Inside Diameter is unreliable as different ID sometimes share the same OD. The final word is find a supplier you can trust and label the Van Stock well!!

paul_h
02-07-2011, 07:46 AM
One poster will post a reply

Then Spammer/spambot copies and pastes for reply, the whole point being their post is JUST to spam links to a website.

Anyone want to sign up for their services? They seem very good to do this and so far be getting away with it. So if you want SEO, click their link I guess :p

angel123
26-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow..That was really wonderful..Thanks to monkey spanners for his wonderful thought..I could easily find out the outside diameter of the cap tube..Thanks once again..