nickzarin
29-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi every body ,

has anyone have a problem with spectrum mt, i got 3 alarm code
1- high evaporator temp
2- sensor shut down
3- alternate sensor

i already check the sensor. its ok.

when i clear alarm ,in seconds it's come back .
anyone can help.

cadwaladr
29-12-2009, 03:37 PM
does this unit start?

nickzarin
30-12-2009, 01:06 PM
yup this unit start ?.

nickzarin
30-12-2009, 01:15 PM
today i do checking on the zone 1 & zone 2 evap and found heater at drain pipe is short ,after fix it , i clear alrm and run again after few minute it shutdown again . alrm - evaporator temp high zone 2 ,sensor shutdown ,return air sensor zone 1/2 ,dischrge air sensor zone 1/2 .please anyone can teach how to reset..

douryd
30-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Is it truck or trailer?
How long until alarm returns?
Check solenoids, on trailer its usually HGS solenoid.

gravy258
31-12-2009, 02:45 AM
HGS ?

High evaporator temp is indicating a abnormal temperature difference(T.D) across the coil. too big that is.
check your sensor readings on the screen.
They have to be stable, and not jumping around. And within normal operating temps.
One of the sensors will be giving a abnormal reading. If you have a massive T.D its either return or discharge air sensors.
Easiest fix. Open the control panel door.
On the back of the micro(on the door)
remove the two lower plugs(the big ones)
Clean out the connectors on the plugs and the micro with electrical parts cleaner. And blow out with an airline if you have one. Then reassemble.
You might have to go into guarded access to clear the codes. Turn on the unit hold the TK button and the clear button. When you get into the next screen(hourmeters) clear the codes by pressing alarm and then clear.
If the codes reappear(might not be straight way) its a sensor problem.
You'll have to fix this as it can lead to big temperature control issues.

nickzarin
01-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks for your advise Gravy258,
But this unit not have (On the back of the micro(on the door)
remove the two lower plugs(the big ones))
And dash panel not have tk button
It's Spectrum TS 500 Mt.

I try to get return air sensor and discharge air sensor here but they not have stock , can you supply to me ?
Thanks.

douryd
01-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Try checking all connectors for excessive grease, TK put too much grease in their connectors. Use electric cleaner and compressed air.
Check the big connector at the bottom of the black box (MP) in the control box for corrosion. Replace all sensor connectors in the harnesses with solder splices.

gravy258
02-01-2010, 02:11 AM
you didn't say it was a TS Sprectrum. as Douryd states open the control door. Remove all the four plugs off the black box hanging on the door and clean them up with parts cleaner/brake cleaner.
get all the grease out.

then clear the alarms.

nickzarin
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Try checking all connectors for excessive grease, TK put too much grease in their connectors. Use electric cleaner and compressed air.
Check the big connector at the bottom of the black box (MP) in the control box for corrosion. Replace all sensor connectors in the harnesses with solder splices.
i have done it , and still have the same alarm + zone 1 temp display --- ,i think air sensor need to change , can any body know how to get in to access guard this display panel Spectrum Ts. :confused::confused:

nickzarin
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
or change to conventional control system use , what your opinion thermo prince ?

gravy258
04-01-2010, 06:56 AM
go to menu, go to alarms, press the soft key below the gap in the lower script, then at the same time press exit, this should get you into guarded access screen.
Then clear the alarms.
Put it through a pre trip then see what happens.
To get into super guarded access go to the last screen on the guarded access, then press the soft key below the gap in the writing and exit.
This is how its done on the SR2 which is pretty much the same controller.
thankfully i dont have to work on TS Spectrums. SB Spectrums are enough.

nickzarin
04-01-2010, 02:07 PM
go to menu, go to alarms, press the soft key below the gap in the lower script, then at the same time press exit, this should get you into guarded access screen.

can you draw me some step .., i can't get to guard access ,

This is how its done on the SR2 which is pretty much the same controller.
thankfully i dont have to work on TS Spectrums. SB Spectrums are enough.,
ya you are lucky :confused::confused::confused:

nickzarin
05-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Mr Gravy258 , can i used air different grade , p/no and model but same from t/k?

Thanks for your lot help.

nickzarin
05-01-2010, 01:32 PM
:):):).:):):):):):):). forgot to smiles..

nickzarin
07-01-2010, 10:59 PM
:):):) thanks everyone ,i sort the problem ..especially gravy258 .;););)

clivemtk
19-01-2010, 08:22 PM
what was the problem now you have fixed it

abbsnowman
23-01-2010, 06:19 AM
you didn't say it was a TS Sprectrum. as Douryd states open the control door. Remove all the four plugs off the black box hanging on the door and clean them up with parts cleaner/brake cleaner.
get all the grease out.

then clear the alarms.

With all due respect, do not use brakeleen. It eats plastic.
Also, if you are changing a graded sensor, you must go into gaurded acces and change grade.