PDA

View Full Version : low oil temperature

reyad-saleh
26-12-2009, 11:37 AM
hi dear sirs
we got a problem and we wish you help us
we have a HC-DPCU consists of a MYCOM-SCV screw compressor, oil separator equipped with an electric oil heater, air cooler as a condenser, refrigerant receiver, flash tank as an economizer and a kittle-type chiller as evaporator.
the refrigerant is propane
the problem is:
oil heater is broken, so during the night work, oil temperature goes below 25 degree c that leads to shut-down the unit.
ambient temperature during night is 15 degree c
so, is there any way to increase the oil temperature?
thank you all

Brian_UK
26-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Replace broken oil heater.

RANGER1
26-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm assuming compressor is running when oil tempreture is low .
What type of oil cooler or cooling do you have ?
If you can control this it will help .
Sump heater is usually only used when compressor is off , but it should be fixed regardless .

reyad-saleh
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi dear RANGER1
You are right
when the compressor is on, the oil temperature goes below (25C) SO, i have a trip.
we use the liquid propane downstream the propane receiver to cool the oil but the control valve on the liquid propane line does'nt open until the oil temperature becomes (50C) or higher so, we dont have oil cooling when the oil teperature is below (50C).
propane vapor enters the suction line of the compressor at (-8C), suction line pressure is (2.8 - 3bars), compressor discharge pressure is (9-10 bars).
what it drives me crazy is:
at the same discharge pressure the oil temperature decreases gradualy during night.
sorry if i'm bothering you
thank you very much

Jahangir
05-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Dear sir,
why Dont you replace the broken oil heater? if hte compressor work with tis oil temp. lead to compressor damage and it cost more than a oil heatrer.

by the way you should keep oil tempreture around 45~50 degree of centigrad.
bye.

Josip
05-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi, reyad-saleh :)

hi dear sirs
we have a HC-DPCU consists of a MYCOM-SCV screw compressor, oil separator equipped with an electric oil heater, air cooler as a condenser, refrigerant receiver, flash tank as an economizer and a kittle-type chiller as evaporator.
the problem is:
oil heater is broken, so during the night work, oil temperature goes below 25 degree c that leads to shut-down the unit.
thank you all

If you start your compressor even with cold oil ... I assume you can get that permission ... then oil must be enough warm/hot after few minutes to run compressor without any problem day or night ... usually during compressor run oil heater is off ...

seems there is some other problem within your plant ...

what is your alarm????

.... low oil temp ....

.... low oil pressure ...

... or something else ...

.... to give some answers we need more input data ... like this we are guessing and maybe leading you in wrong way ...

Best regards, Josip :)

s1goon
06-03-2010, 01:55 PM
hi dear sirs
the problem is:
thank you all
u should replace the oil heater otherwise the unit will trip low oil temp be compressor start.