PDA

View Full Version : ELCB case

myohantun
26-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Hi all,

We installed the carrier 38LZA100-10 nos, and installation caltalouge request the MOCP 63A.So we installed the MCB 63A then ELCB 63A .But MCB is not trip and ELCB is trip the starting time.I don't know "why that ELCB trip?" and that ELCB on write 300mA.What that mean?

mad fridgie
26-12-2009, 06:15 AM
In a few words a MCB protects against maximum total current ELCB and RCD protect against current that goes astray (not where it is suposed to go) this bit that goes to the wrong place should be very small (mA), so you have some electricity going to earth. It could be a major fault, but more than likely being new it is moisture in the electrical components.
First test witha multi-meter (low voltage) resistance (ohms), if you this does not show anything, then more than likely moisture. Disconnect all electronics, then test motors and heaters with a megga (high voltage).
If all OK then ELCB could be faulty

Brian_UK
26-12-2009, 11:27 AM
There have been a few discussions on this subject before.

ELCB are to protect people and are not suitable for protecting refrigeration machines.

chemi-cool
26-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker or ELCB, is to protect us from getting electric shocks [it defenatly not used on Electric Chairs....]

Nany industrial machinary have small earth leakage so the use of such protection will not allow to operate such machinary.

300 mA is the currant that activate it.

Each machine comes with MCB to protect the components from excesive curant.

The extra MCB you were asked to install is to protect the main electric cabe, 16 mm3 in 63A case.

myohantun
28-12-2009, 03:44 AM
we tested the megga, is ok and we found the voltage is not stable 380 V to 360 V running.eg, Voltage is 380 V have and we run the one unit , if start the compressor,voltage is going down to 370 V.So I think ELCB is trip for voltage variable?

mad fridgie
28-12-2009, 04:28 AM
we tested the megga, is ok and we found the voltage is not stable 380 V to 360 V running.eg, Voltage is 380 V have and we run the one unit , if start the compressor,voltage is going down to 370 V.So I think ELCB is trip for voltage variable?
ELCB does not protect against this, when you used your megga did you test the whole unit or each individual part?

moideen
28-12-2009, 04:40 AM
hi,myoha..,your this statement is against your first report.make it clear that,
1.is your system tripping at starting on ELCB?
2.is your system tripping after starting the 2nd compressor
3.what is the meg.value?
(as system tripping the on ELCB AT STARTING,YOU WILL NOT GET CHANCE TO CHECK THE VOLTAGE)

MOIDEEN-DUBAI :off topic:

myohantun
28-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks for your reply? We done megga test is CDU only, so we will test again FCU.
And reply to u..
Best regards,

myohantun
28-12-2009, 04:53 AM
Thanks moideen,

1.I installed FCU is 16 Tons and CDU is 8 tons (2 nos)combine.Each CDU RLA is 22 A.
We operate the system, FCU is running ok and first CDU is start running ( that ok ) and second CDU start operate but that CDU ELCB is trip.
So, we change the sequent CDU ( 2 nos )
But Last operate CDU's ELCB are trip.I don't think so. Pls provide for that problem.
Best regards,
myohantun