PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone has reference books for coil circuiting?

isobutane
24-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Does anyone has some reference books for coil circuiting design?

NoNickName
24-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Try REFPROP software. There is a specific part of the program dedicated to coil design.

isobutane
26-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Try REFPROP software. There is a specific part of the program dedicated to coil design.

REFPROP is for property of refrigerant. Do you mean NIST's evap-cond? I want some papers more detailed, I tried this software, but it shows that the more circuit you set, the more capcacity you get.
From this point, I'm not sure about it.

NoNickName
26-12-2009, 04:09 PM
yeah, sorry, my bad. The more circuit you set, the longer the equivalent circuit, the more capacity and the higher pressure drop across of it.

desA
27-12-2009, 02:51 AM
If you are serious about designing, or rating evaporators, you can purchase the DXC coil design program from Technisolve.

http://www.coolit.co.za

You can download a trial sample of the program & test out what you want to do. You will be able to see the effect of increased number of coil circuits on system performance.

isobutane
28-12-2009, 11:39 AM
If you are serious about designing, or rating evaporators, you can purchase the DXC coil design program from Technisolve.

http://www.coolit.co.za

You can download a trial sample of the program & test out what you want to do. You will be able to see the effect of increased number of coil circuits on system performance.

I ever use that software, it's calculation too ideal. I think when you get the surface aera of a coil, then the most important thing is to circuit it.

I have a hard copy of carrier's handbook, on its reference books, there were an artical calls "Best practice coil design guide" by eric nash.

It has information about how to circuit a coil, some idear include: put the inlet and outlet pipe of each circuits as far as possible and so on.

does anyone has that artical?

US Iceman
28-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I've never seen a book or article on this subject, although there should be one. Most of this information is at the evaporator manufacturer's. Coil circuiting is an interesting subject because you have so many different liquid feed methods, such as gravity flooded, liquid overfeed, and direct expansion.

johnnychin
08-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Use this keyword "Scribd". It is an online book library. Look it up at google

desA
08-01-2010, 05:52 AM
^ You'll also need to provide the search words used, on Scribd.

I have searched it a number of times on this very issue, but there seems to not be much available on coil-circuiting...

samiam
08-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I did a quick search and did not find anything on google.

I do agree - interesting subject.