PDA

View Full Version : Copeland 9RB oil level

DTBtech
23-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey, unfortunately i am by on my own where i i work and am the only hvac tech here. I hope someone could halp me out with this copeland compressor i got. I am running a chamber with this model comp using r-12 it came pre filled with oil as most do. it was at half level, i charged the system. For further info the original motor burnt out due to acid i flushed the system changed the oil separator, and changed all pressure switches. put new comp in and pumped down. i ran the system overnight ast 86+ uncontrolled humidity just so i could focus on the charge without controlling de-humidity system. When charging system i started charging first with liquid isolated comp so not to floodback ref into comp and then continued with gas after, like i said i came in this morning to the sight glass for the oil.. bubbling, the oil pressure at the crank case was fluctuating from 55 to 65psig. i shut down comp. but doesnt that mean either the oil is over filled or there is a floodback into compressor?
P.S. the oil pressure diff switch did trip set for 10 psi

goshen
24-12-2009, 04:58 AM
soundes like liquid flood back ,or wrong oil vicosity,u might also check your direction of rotation this should not be a problem but all dependes.
good luck