PDA

View Full Version : trouble shooting

cooltechbpl
20-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I have replaced a 2 ton genral rotarey compressor in casstte ac but after 2 month it is shwon no suction & discharge peessur evan comp run countinously

what is the problam ?

nike123
20-12-2009, 05:25 PM
If compressor is OK than 4-way valve is faulty.

jpsmith1cm
20-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I have replaced a 2 ton genral rotarey compressor in casstte ac but after 2 month it is shwon no suction & discharge peessur evan comp run countinously

what is the problam ?

No suction and discharge pressure or no DIFFERENCE between suction and discharge pressure?

Big difference.

If your pressures are at atmospheric, then find the leak.

nike123
20-12-2009, 07:57 PM
No suction and discharge pressure or no DIFFERENCE between suction and discharge pressure?

Big difference.

If your pressures are at atmospheric, then find the leak.
Even if he had leak, compressor will create some vacuum at suction if everything else is OK.

jpsmith1cm
20-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Even if he had leak, compressor will create some vacuum at suction if everything else is OK.

Not always.

I was under this same impression until about 4 months ago when I got a call on an AC unit down.

Put gauges on it and the pressures were flat. No pressure on either side. Ammeter showed that the motor was running, so dead pump, right?

I saw the leak on the suction line where a wire had shorted to the copper, so I patched the line and pulled a vacuum in preparation for putting a small holding charge on the system until I could get a new pump.

Just for giggles, I bumped the compressor and, lo and behold, she pumped.

I weighed in the charge and it has been happily ticking along ever since.

Not guessing as to why, but it WAS a rotary compressor