PDA

View Full Version : Mitsy city multi help

philstead
17-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi fellas,
I have a mitsubishi model PUHY-P200 YGM-A.(410 a)
the compressor was replaced along with the inverter board and ipm board. ( not by me ). the job has been dumped on my lap and as Im more familiar with chillers a little guidance is needed (before i call the mitsy service boys in )
i currently have a fault code 0403.
all the connections on the inverter board seem ok as well as the main board.
where to from here.

REGARDS

hyperion
17-12-2009, 08:45 AM
As you have eliminated the possibility of a bad connection between the INV board and the FAN board, you may need to check the inverter address switches are set correctly. Check the address of SW2-1 on INV board. Check SW2-1 on the FAN board whether it is ON. Possibility of transformer failure, measure the voltages between pins 1 and 3 of the FAN board connector CNTR. Or worse still you could have either a defective INV board or a defective FAN board. Check these items first.

Thermatech
17-12-2009, 09:25 AM
I would also be looking carefully at the power supply for correct 3ph voltage & no voltage on the N line.
A power supply problem like floating N can cause inverter damage.
So has the new inverter board / IPM also been dammaged ?

If the old compressor & inverter parts are still available for inspection you could find out why these items were replaced.
If the compressor windings are down to ground with a mega test then that would cause damage to the IPM & possible damage to the inverter board.

philstead
18-12-2009, 07:22 AM
thanks for that fellas
you were correct it was the inverter address.
I picked up the service manual today and i must say im keen to learn more about these machines.
is there any other suggested reading or is it all on site learning.
once again thanks and have a bonza christmas ,im off for a surf.

beagle
18-12-2009, 10:57 AM
once again thanks and have a bonza christmas ,im off for a surf.

You rotten bugger! We've got 2 foot of snow here today :rolleyes:

Mitsi or their local distributors should have training courses (assuming it's the same as here)