PDA

View Full Version : Infrico prep counter

monkey spanners
16-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Had a look at one of these the other day for not cooling, they had said on the phone they could not get the comp to run but it was running ok when i got there.
Lump of ice on the pipework into the evap, put gauges on and found it runnin at 15"hg or -.5bar if you like :confused:
Evap clear, quick equalisation of pressures when turned off. Lecky leak detector picking something up below the evap, managed to get all of the 130g R134a (360g factory charge) into the recovery bottle without the reco machine :D

Found a leak on the evap with ofn and leak spray.

Asked customer when it went wrong and he looked back in his temperature logs and said october 7th :eek:

Now to the question! I said i don't think its worth fixing if its been running for two months or so with a vacuum, it will have most likely sucked in a load of moisture etc and will cause a lot of hastle to get working ok again (haslte that customers don't often want or expect to pay for...)

Bin it or fix it?

monkey spanners
16-12-2009, 08:50 PM
£800 per tonne for stainless :D

Brian_UK
16-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Depends how good your sales pitch is.

New is always nice, means breakdowns should be further apart.

Repair shows how good you are but after that vacuum running would you want to warranty the work ?

cadwaladr
17-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Had a look at one of these the other day for not cooling, they had said on the phone they could not get the comp to run but it was running ok when i got there.
Lump of ice on the pipework into the evap, put gauges on and found it runnin at 15"hg or -.5bar if you like :confused:
Evap clear, quick equalisation of pressures when turned off. Lecky leak detector picking something up below the evap, managed to get all of the 130g R134a (360g factory charge) into the recovery bottle without the reco machine :D

Found a leak on the evap with ofn and leak spray.

Asked customer when it went wrong and he looked back in his temperature logs and said october 7th :eek:

Now to the question! I said i don't think its worth fixing if its been running for two months or so with a vacuum, it will have most likely sucked in a load of moisture etc and will cause a lot of hastle to get working ok again (haslte that customers don't often want or expect to pay for...)

Bin it or fix it?vac it filter it if its in good nick the prep table that is but charge a warranty into your bill

monkey spanners
17-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Cheers guys :)

I'm pricing up for replacing the evap, capiliary and drier (may put one in the suction too), for replacing the whole fridge system, and for a new counter.

They are a new customer to me and i always wonder when people call with a few faults (had to look at other stuff too) what has happened to the previous fridge company and whether they still owe them money ;)

Not getting paid for labour is one thing but when you've fitted a load of parts its another.
If they went for a new counter i would just refer them to GH Englands, no worries with the end of life disposal thing then etc.

At the moment they just owe me about a tank of diesel and as they're a filling station this shouldn't be too hard to get :D

cadwaladr
17-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Cheers guys :)

I'm pricing up for replacing the evap, capiliary and drier (may put one in the suction too), for replacing the whole fridge system, and for a new counter.

They are a new customer to me and i always wonder when people call with a few faults (had to look at other stuff too) what has happened to the previous fridge company and whether they still owe them money ;)

Not getting paid for labour is one thing but when you've fitted a load of parts its another.
If they went for a new counter i would just refer them to GH Englands, no worries with the end of life disposal thing then etc.

At the moment they just owe me about a tank of diesel and as they're a filling station this shouldn't be too hard to get :Dif you suspect they are bad payers get them to pay up front,a sign of the times,unfortunatly

WCC73
17-12-2009, 07:44 PM

You may have a problem there.
Englands are no more!

paul thompson
19-12-2009, 03:43 PM
You may have a problem there.
Englands are no more!
this is true . try pentland or interlevin . :D

Northdude
29-12-2009, 08:55 PM
i replaced an evap coil on one of them not long ago, just for the coil it cost me £300, they arent cheap!!:rolleyes: With new customers i always ask to be payed by cash or cheque straight after job is complete until you get to know them a bit, been stung a few times in the past!

monkey spanners
20-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Fitted the new evap last week, it didn't come with a capillary despite the wholesalers saying it did... Was going to put a suction drier on it too but it appeared to have a aluminuim suction line as it was covered in heat shrink like those B&Q air cons. Once you have fitted the stainless mounting bracket on the top you cant fit the side panels which hold the fans, good job i used bolts for the stainless and not rivets as per original...
Nice new sporlan midget drier in the liquid line and a vac down to 400ish microns and worked a treat.

Just got to hope they pays now or it'll be free diesel (they own a filling station) for a few weeks till were all square :p