PDA

View Full Version : Suction Pressure of 48k BTU split A/C

Wanigasekara
15-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I have no knowledge about A/Cs. We asked for a contractor to supply and install A/C machines in the School Auditorium (15 feet in height) that we constructed. Attached Auditorium Building consists of 8 Nos of 48k BTU split type Air Conditioners as contractor suggested. When commissioning the contractor operated only R4 A/C (please refer the drawing) and suction pressure was 80psi. They told when operating total A/Cs it will reduce around 65psi. Is it possible to happen? Is 65psi acceptable for this kind of location (Outside temperature 27C)? Are 8 number of A/Cs acceptable for this building?

multisync
15-12-2009, 01:08 PM
hi there , do you think you may have made the warranty void, by playing with the units? if you get aqualified engineer to inspect the units you will find out the answer

Where did he say they had been playing with them??

Wanigasekara
15-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Please explain more. I can't understand what you are telling.

nike123
15-12-2009, 08:02 PM
I have no knowledge about A/Cs. We asked for a contractor to supply and install A/C machines in the School Auditorium (15 feet in height) that we constructed. Attached Auditorium Building consists of 8 Nos of 48k BTU split type Air Conditioners as contractor suggested. When commissioning the contractor operated only R4 A/C (please refer the drawing) and suction pressure was 80psi. They told when operating total A/Cs it will reduce around 65psi. Is it possible to happen? Is 65psi acceptable for this kind of location (Outside temperature 27C)? Are 8 number of A/Cs acceptable for this building?

Pressure doesn't mean anything without knowing what refrigerant is in system. If that is R22 than pressure of 65 PSIG (3°C SST) looks OK for indoor temperature at set value (i suppose 24°C)

Brian_UK
15-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Also, if contractor only operated unit R4 then he has not commissioned the installation.

Also, yes the operating pressure will drop as the space comes down to temperature. He needs to run all the units to confirm that it all operating correctly.