PDA

View Full Version : trane cvge 030 hgbp

goshen
14-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi we have installed on a unit trane cvge030 ,a 300 ton unit that runs at low capacity , a kit for a hgbp from trane , the module works when operated manually ,opens and closes the hgbp ,but when working on auto while the unit is running ,it simply wont work.all other settings are ok and enabled.
the hgbp is set to start working at 15% vanes closed ,but does nothing even when unloading to 10 %.
has anywone ever had problems with these modules ?
i noticed 2 voltage checkpoints 5vdc and 24vac,on the card ,the 5 volt is ok but the 24 isnt,
i would be happy to hear any advice!!;)

goshen
16-12-2009, 05:35 PM
hi problem turned out to be reverse polarity on supply 24vac!!!!

Toosh
16-12-2009, 11:46 PM
hi problem turned out to be reverse polarity on supply 24vac!!!!

Hi goshen, Thats great news it makes you feel good when you achieve something like that
:D:D

regards Norm

alan wolf
17-12-2009, 04:12 AM
Hello

I did an HGBP rerofit to a YORK HT type years ago and it would actually heat the water going thru the evap.

totally waste of power

alan

goshen
17-12-2009, 05:49 PM
hi alan u are 100% correct !!!!but this is an exception the unit cannt stop and must continue running even on low demand .

Joy
18-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Hallo goshen
Long back I had attended similar problem, there are 3 micro relays on the module
1-Common, 1- Close vanes, 1 -Open Vanes.
When Auto position -only common and close vanes -Micro relays are working
Then changed the Vanes open micro relay. Now I’m not working with Centrifugal chillers.

goshen
19-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Hallo goshen
Long back I had attended similar problem, there are 3 micro relays on the module
1-Common, 1- Close vanes, 1 -Open Vanes.
When Auto position -only common and close vanes -Micro relays are working
Then changed the Vanes open micro relay. Now I’m not working with Centrifugal chillers.
hi we solved the problem electriclly all works ok:D

alan wolf
27-02-2010, 01:18 PM
hi goshen
just another bit of info.
Trane never had a discharge temp safety on units fitted with HGBP and I have seen a CVGB fail due to v high
condenser/discharge temp.
Recommend fitting a stat to protect unit.
Other manufacturers have them.
aww

goshen
13-03-2010, 11:38 PM
*hi *thanks for the info trane does add another discharge sensor to protect from hi temps . *******

alan wolf
17-03-2010, 02:44 PM
hi Goshen

From your part of the world does the name Moty Lifshin ring a bell.

Regards

Alan Wolf

goshen
18-03-2010, 05:04 AM
hi Goshen

From your part of the world does the name Moty Lifshin ring a bell.

Regards

Alan Wolf
Hi alan
sure does, we are working together these days on some joint projects ,as far as i am concerned he is number one !when it comes to trane units ,he has proven to be a real expert and a very nice person!!! ;)

alan wolf
19-03-2010, 12:40 PM
hello Goshen

Say hello to Moty.

We did some interesting jobs together back in the eighties. Tell him Im fine and hope all is well with him

Alan Wolf
alanwwolfy1@hotmail.co.uk

goshen
19-03-2010, 02:40 PM
hello Goshen

Say hello to Moty.

We did some interesting jobs together back in the eighties. Tell him Im fine and hope all is well with him

Alan Wolf
hi alan sure thing ,as we speek we are ,retrofitting a cvge 045 with a softstarter and a hgbp .
i will pass him your mail and regardes
gill schecter:D

goshen
04-04-2010, 01:11 PM
hi alan
u have regardes from bernard to !!!
gill

centrecipew
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Goshen, Are you using "Inside the Delta" Connection or inline with bypass contactor.
Abb or Danfoss??. I have had very good results with both brands and connections on RTHA and CVGA-E. The start up is so smooth without the Transition phase. Good luck and regards. Rob.

goshen
05-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Goshen, Are you using "Inside the Delta" Connection or inline with bypass contactor.
Abb or Danfoss??. I have had very good results with both brands and connections on RTHA and CVGA-E. The start up is so smooth without the Transition phase. Good luck and regards. Rob.
Hi there i use inline with bypass. i am using solcon made soft starters,and as u said it starts so smooth u wonder what u did before hand?:p

alan wolf
14-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Hello Goshen

Just had a failure last month on an Eaton S801 type on a CVGE type.

It was just over a year since retrofitted, Check current balance as we have some power problems

Regards
Alan

goshen
14-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Hello Goshen

Just had a failure last month on an Eaton S801 type on a CVGE type.

It was just over a year since retrofitted, Check current balance as we have some power problems

Regards
Alan
Hi alan that is why i use solcon made ss ,they provide this protection and are very reliable!!
mail me and i will forward a manual so u can see for yourself! gill@GOSHENENG.CO.IL

alan wolf
14-04-2010, 08:53 AM
hi Gill

for any info

Regards
Alan

alan wolf
15-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Gill
Thanks info.
Think Bernard was in Herz office but was a long time ago. Any news on Moshe baum

Regards
alan

goshen
15-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Gill
Thanks info.
Think Bernard was in Herz office but was a long time ago. Any news on Moshe baum

Regards
alan
Hi alan :
i tried many using many types of ss all of them work but the most reliable one was solcon ,
please contact me by mail .
lets give this thread a rest!:p:p:)