PDA

View Full Version : training courses

nickpad
14-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Dont anyone make the mistake i did after being made redundant i paid myself to go on a refirgeration course . Yes you finish up with plenty of qualifications but you dont work on any systems you would find in the field.And when you try to apply for jobs no one is interested , so if you want to get into the trade dont waste your money on these courses best off trying to get an apprentiship , My problem is being 37 with mortgage and 2 kids apprentiships not the way forward .But be wary of these courses if your looking to retrain

Brian_UK
14-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Your statement is incorrect.

Training courses on their own very rarely get your a job.

What you should do is research the market that you are looking to enter first and base your actions on that.

If you want to retrain for a different trade then to do it properly requires college courses spread over a fair period of time.

One or two week courses will not do the job.

nickpad
15-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I think that is what i said the short courses are not worth it and best off getting an apprentiship.

taz24
18-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I think that is what i said the short courses are not worth it and best off getting an apprentiship.

You can't hope to learn enough in a few weeks to be let free on a real fridge.

Think about the logistics of the training centre regarding equipment. How much kit would
a centre need to have for somone to get experience on all types and makes of equipment out in the field.

To become a propper refrigeration / air cond engineer you need to work in the trade first.

Catch 22 I'm afraid.

Cheers taz.

nickpad
19-12-2009, 03:56 PM
yeah i know that taz was just kinda hoping having the safe handling certificates and 17th edition electrics might have helped me get a chance ,but ill keep persisting sooner or later ill get a break

taz24
20-12-2009, 01:06 AM
yeah i know that taz was just kinda hoping having the safe handling certificates and 17th edition electrics might have helped me get a chance ,but ill keep persisting sooner or later ill get a break

Keep at it mate.
Keep pestering the companies within driving distance of where you live.
Find out where they are and visit them personaly and be prepared to sell yourself.
I have seen it countless times before and persistance will pay off.

All the best mate and good luck for the New Year, lets hope you find somthing soon.

Cheers taz.

coolhibby1875
08-01-2010, 11:19 AM
the harsh reality of it is quite simple, you could do courses every other week have certs coming out your ears, but unless you have hands on knowledge and experience you have no chance as there are many people out there that do and wont take a gamble on someone that has no hands on experience.

samiam
08-01-2010, 01:05 PM
A reality of life
Keep on trying to make it - if the market become better it shoudl be easier..

nickpad
08-01-2010, 05:35 PM
If i keep applying for jobs sooner or later someone will give me a break

craigpcg
08-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I do know of 1 company that will prob take u on with a ticket and the 17th edition.

There a nationwide company based in scotland. there always looking for guys. Id rather not say who it is but its not hard to find out who they are. Its like anything am affraid its hard to get in there but once in then uv cracked it.

:D

ahmed_helmy226
09-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Hello
Has a problem with the refrigeration compressor screw, after you Increasing compressor oil and when you start to note the high temperature of the discharge I have to make sure that the valve fully open suction as well as ascertain the level of oil in the oil separator is controlled with the knowledge that the oil temperature is not high, as well as pressure Expulsion is not high
Please advise and Thank you