PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba RASMYAV-E compressor winding resistances

eskimo2
13-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Toshiba RAS3M26YAV-E

does any one know what the winding resistances of the compressor should be. They measured out at 0.25-0.3 ohm across any two of the three pins which seem very low.

I posted this in Trouble Shooting but only received one reply....someone on here has to know?

sedgy
14-12-2009, 12:12 PM
hi eskimo2, been retiered for a few years now , but between start+ run = the sum of start+ comon and comon +run, try that mate

TRASH101
14-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Eskimo 2

If that is your winding resistance then it would appear you have a short circuit (or damned close)

As a guide if you see 1 ohm or less then the current will equal or exceed the applied voltage.

As

TRASH101
14-12-2009, 03:15 PM
As sedgy implies check that you are testing the right terminals.

eskimo2
14-12-2009, 08:50 PM
yes guys, certainly testing the right terminals
its an inverter and believe its a 3phase running on single phase,

and as far as I can find out one book says it has a comp Type DA220A2F-20L and says its resistance is 0.2....but I am concerned its a misprint....lot of $$$ to replace burnt board if its compressor thats caused its failure.

looking at some of the other compressor listed on the same page some are at 0.55 while others have a range of 0.6-1.2ohm, so then again is it a misprint?

another file i managed to get of the net also says the windings should be 0.2

Toshiba/Carrier here in Australia dont want to assist unless your a dealer.....glad i sell Daikin

sedgy
15-12-2009, 12:51 PM
hi eskimo2, sorry you did,t say it was an invertor also its best to state if its single or 3ph it gives people a better chance to give youa correct answer.

eskimo2
16-12-2009, 08:50 PM
aplogies guys
yes its a 3phase...and what I have been able to find out is that resistance is 0.2....that to me is almost a dead short but it is correct going by Toshiba

Now is the new PCB board going to go bang without replacing the compresser?.......

wonder what the client wants me to do?...On the info Toshiba gave me the compresser checks out electrically OK....Toshiba say that locked rotor compresser will not instantly damage the PCB,...... I am half tempted to replace the PCB only and see (measure) what happens....

fixit
16-12-2009, 09:40 PM
hi eskimo2
If there was any three phase on site i would try and jump start the compressor on its own,
with safety in hand as a mater of course.

VRVIII
16-12-2009, 11:40 PM
hi eskimo2
If there was any three phase on site i would try and jump start the compressor on its own,
with safety in hand as a mater of course.

Hi,

I would first verify if the compressor is digitally controlled, if this is the case do not connect directly to a 3 phase supply. This will instantly trip the mains circuit breaker even though the compressor is in good condition.

eskimo2
27-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks VRVIII
How does one tell if its digitally controlled.
The unit is single phase but they actually have a 3 phase compressor controlled from the pcb.

Loops
29-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi Eskmo2,

The compressor type is an DA220A2F-20L.

This outdoor unit uses a single phase supply and operates the three phase compresor via an inverter drive.

The compressor windings should all be balenced at between 0.6 to 1.2 ohms.

Cheers

Loops