PDA

View Full Version : The Basic Setup

ice_cold
12-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Hello,

I am trying to learn the right way to create the setup for a refrigeration unit.
Supposing that we know the evaporator load, evaporation temp., condensing temp., and the
refrigerant used.
From which part should we start? Compressor, condenser, expansion valve,... etc.?
How do we make the selection for each? There are commercial softwares for compressor and
condenser selection but how the selection of expansion valve, solenoid valve, sight glass
and drier are done?

Searched the forum but could not find anything related.

Cheers

nike123
12-12-2009, 04:50 PM
You start with evaporator, then compressor than condenser. Then you select other parts.
For selection and dimensioning of other parts there is Danfoss Coolcat (http://ra.danfoss.com/ProductSelection/CoolCat/LaunchCoolCat.asp)software.

ice_cold
13-12-2009, 01:25 PM
thanks nike,

i tried the coolcat. maybe because of my java settings it did not fully function. but apparently i'm not sure.

Disregarding these commercial softwares i really would like to learn the scienfic way behind it. My aim is to get the knowledge of doing these calculations on paper.

Is there a book (or e-book) that you can recommend?

bsakm
13-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi,

I also wanted to know if there is anyone that can help me construct a p-h diagram, finding the statepoints etc , any websites or information pdf's will be much apreciated.

Thanks in advance

ice_cold
14-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi,

I also wanted to know if there is anyone that can help me construct a p-h diagram, finding the statepoints etc , any websites or information pdf's will be much apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Get Coolpack, it's a freeware and you can find it by google. You can construct diagrams for various gases.

bsakm
17-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys