PDA

View Full Version : GSHP discharge temp high

Lc_shi
22-12-2004, 02:37 AM
one GSHP made by four compressors and two plate exchangers:
structure:
comp#1&2 parellel with plate HX #1
comp#3&4 parellel with plate HX #2

the norm suction pressure and the discharge pressure is 3/20bar. The comp #4 's discharge pressure reach 21bar and the temp is 120C . I dont know what's the reason.
the comp is copeland scroll.
pls advice.

bill1983
19-01-2005, 11:09 PM
excuse my ignorance what is GSHP and what is the nature of the problem?? :cool:

botrous
19-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Can you please specify the problem and give symptoms so we can help

Peter_1
20-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Is the GSHP a DX unit or secondary coolant?
Heating side: air or water Lc?
High pressures can only come from non condensables and/or perhaps a sudden lack of usefull condenser area.
But that did you knew already.
Was it OK in the past? Is there perhaps a NRV in the discharge between the 2 parallel compressors which wont open enough anymore?

Peter_1
20-01-2005, 08:03 AM
excuse my ignorance what is GSHP and what is the nature of the problem?? :cool:

Ground source heat pump.
Even 20 bar under normal conditions seems not high but very high. There must be a low COP and I assume this wasn't the meaning of installing a GSHP. You certainly have to reach a COP of 4,measured compressor-side.

TONY LONGTHORNE
20-01-2005, 09:22 AM
HI GUY'S
Have you or any one else put gas in the system latley, sounds like you have a ****tail gas in the system.
also has the compressor got an internal releif valve?, at that head you could could be recirculating the gas internally within the compressor giving you a very high discharge temp.
Reg's Tony.

Lc_shi
20-01-2005, 09:37 AM
all of your ideas are appreciated.
now the actual situation is : changed the compressor and redo evacuating. The system is still occur this problem while all four compressor in work. Doubt it's related the ground heat exchanger capacity not matched well or deteriorated. it's still in check. Will update later.