PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Side by Side - Noise Issue

icelias
10-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi, over the past few days I've notied a motor sounding noise coming from my Samsung US Fridge Freezer - RSH1DTMH. The noise isn't constant but comes and goes, when I opend the door of the Refigeration Section to investiage the noise, it stops (the motor is powering down).

Since the appliance is just a month over it's 2 years warranty, do you think it would be a cheap fix to call somebody out or should I figth my corner with Samsung regarding the warranty.

Personally I need the quick fix option as the wife is paranoid it will go 'bang !' over xmas.

Any comments help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced
Ian

Brian_UK
10-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a fan failing or perhaps touching some ice somewhere.

Does the unit need defrosting?

icelias
11-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply.

As you say it does sound like the fan. The unit defrosts itself and there is no ice showing anywhere. The ice dispencer is only half full and never 'over fills'.

The temperature shown on the front LED panel hasnt decreased.

But the noise has gone worse in the past 24 hours.

I'll just have to contact an enginner.

Thanks once again.
Ian

baycuclaudyu
11-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Try to ask nicely an engineering to look to the defrost resistence .Maybe is not defrosting complete.

happy
11-12-2009, 07:47 PM
ring samsung, they will repair foc as it is a common fault, even if it is out of guarantee

chemi-cool
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Please try to be more spesific, where exactly the noise comes from? Insid the freezer? from the lower back?

George3519
12-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Im think that Samsung have a 5 year warrentry.
If you open the door then hold in the door switch ,you would get a better idea of where the noise is coming from, but Im sure its the evap fan hitting ice

happy
13-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Im think that Samsung have a 5 year warrentry.
If you open the door then hold in the door switch ,you would get a better idea of where the noise is coming from, but Im sure its the evap fan hitting ice

no light switch on this, reed switch inside hinge cover, corresponding magnet on door. It will be iced up evap fan though

344martin
14-12-2009, 09:36 PM
As a side issue, check with Samsung on the serial number as some of these need a retrospective fuse panel fitting as a safety issue has come to light with some models.

icelias
16-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for all your replies, due to my ignorance of the 1st post. I've defrosted over the weekend and even though there was no excess water the noise has gone.

But I'm tempted to contact Samung as Happy did say that it's a common fault. Maybe I'll wait till the new year.

Thanks once again for your replies.