PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent module, need help

Royal241
10-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Ok, here it goes: Westinghouse rooftop (1976, I know old but thats where the $ are), all limits are good, doesnt fire up. I checked for spark, (solid ground to the spark terminal) no spark. Changed module, fired right up. I shut it off and to see it start again...and the MotherFer did not. I cleaned the ignitor, checked for good grounding, voltage to the valve (pilot), everything ok. I even cleaned the pilot probe, as best as I could without taking it off, too old will break apart. I closed the cover of the burner ( it has that vaccum house in there), I hear the spark, but no result. How can I check the gas valve? I have voltage 24v, it just worked moments before.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, here in Boston rained all day and beeing wet to the bone I lost my creative thinking. BTW, there is no ID tag on this thing, and the diagram is mostly whipped off. Thank you!
On the new module I get the code: failed ingnition

Royal241
10-12-2009, 03:06 AM
well, thank you for reading, but any suggestions? man I just miss my father. he would tell me to start all over again and never give up. thinking of it I will do just that, hope it won't rain tomorrow. I still welcome suggestion, any, even stupid, because there isn't such. thank you

Brian_UK
10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
You can hear the spark but can you see it, is it in the right place?

Solenoid has voltage, does the valve open, is there gas to the burner?

Royal241
13-12-2009, 09:03 PM
gas valve didn't open, crazy thing is that it worked at first try. changed valve, works fine, thank you

Brian_UK
13-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Glad to hear it, thanks for the update.