PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi RAS-5VHRNME

flamer_the_spar
08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi guys.
I have just installed a pair of Hitachi RAS-5VHRNME outdoor units. Each is separatly linked to two RPK-2.5FSN2M indoor wall mount units which run together in a pair with a PC Art for each set. They are all installed in a comms room with a control panel using the CN3 and CN7 connectors from the indoor units.

The units started up fine during commissioning but after about four to five minutes, the compressor shuts down with an Alarm Code of 57 on both the PCB and the outdoor unit.

From the technical guide
This alarm is indicated when the revolution pulse output from the fan motor is 10rpm or less and the reverse revolution signal is detected. The fan motor is stopped once, and restarted after 10 seconds.

So, i moved on to the next unit and got that up and running and also get the same 57 error code although the unit runs for a little longer.

In case the air flow around the unit was poor we moved the units further away from the rear wall and this made no difference.

The fan motor spins up to 100% speed as per the startup cycle, then drops back to a slow speed. The motor does not seem to run continuously rather seems to ramp up for say 20 seconds then ramp back down for say 20 seconds. This continues until the 57 error occurs again.

I have gone back over all the dip switch settings and checked the pipe work, wiring etc and can not find anything wrong.

Running the units up from bit 1 on DWS1 to forced cooling mode also generates the error 57.

Just seems really strange that both of the units have this 57 error. Seem to be an installation issue although the error code points at the fan motor possibly.

Any ideas at this stage would be really helpful. Its my first job for this site and I really would like to try to keep them happy.

Many thanks
Phil Hamer

Thermatech
08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Had exact same problem on a Hitachi Set Free VRF.
The indoor units are the same for the VRF systems.
The installation engineer had made a mistake setting up the dip switches on all the indoor units.

Suggest double check & return all dips on the indoor board to factory settings.

Imp
09-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Sorry but thats not correct. The indoor dipswitch settings on Hitachi indoor units do not relate to the outdoor units at all with the exception of the system address which is the same on both.

Just to clarify the poster and I have spoken and we have sorted this. It is a dipswitch error on the condensing unit.