PDA

View Full Version : Conservation of Ester oil for Reuse in Semihermatic or Open type compressors

Tejbir Singh
20-12-2004, 12:51 PM
In order to save costs of oil in our yearly maintenance Contracts, I am thinking of ways to safe the so called hugroscopic expensive oil need for again so called earth freindly refrigerants. once change of oil creates a wastage of 20 to 50 liters of oil which is very expensive and very polluting aas well.

any suggestions

Tejbir Singh :(

chemi-cool
20-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Hi Tejbir Singh.

I don't understand if you want to reuse the oil that you take out of compressors or just to save the amount you haven't use.

Clean POE oil can be stored for a long time if you vacuum the container and then fill just above atmospheric pressure with OFN.

With used oil its a different story. I would contact the manufacturer and get instructions to clean and dry it.

You should contact the environment people in your area for places to dump it.

Chemi :)

Tejbir Singh
21-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Hi Tejbir Singh.

I don't understand if you want to reuse the oil that you take out of compressors or just to save the amount you haven't use.

Clean POE oil can be stored for a long time if you vacuum the container and then fill just above atmospheric pressure with OFN.

With used oil its a different story. I would contact the manufacturer and get instructions to clean and dry it.

You should contact the environment people in your area for places to dump it.

Chemi

I was talking about the used but perfectly ok oil which was tobe removed to change bearings etc. As manufactureres say that poe oil changes chemically if it remaines in contact with moistures more than 10 minutes.
Your suggestion of vacumming and filling the container with OFN is a good one . used oils are already impregnated with the refrigerant so if we just store them in a sealed vacummed container it think it will solve the purpose.
Thanks Chemi

Tejbir Singh :D

chemi-cool
21-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi Tejbir Singh

I think but not a 100% sure that if you pump it back to the compressor via a large filter/drier, you will do good to the oil.

Which refrigerant do you use?

You should not keep the oil under vacuum but after you vacuum, fill the container with OFN or the refrigerant you use just above atmospheric pressure. This way you eliminate the chance of air entering the oil container.

Tejbir Singh
22-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi Tejbir Singh

I think but not a 100% sure that if you pump it back to the compressor via a large filter/drier, you will do good to the oil.

Which refrigerant do you use?

You should not keep the oil under vacuum but after you vacuum, fill the container with OFN or the refrigerant you use just above atmospheric pressure. This way you eliminate the chance of air entering the oil container.

Purpose is not to dry oil after it is mixed(exposed to) with moisture but to keep it away from moisture.

We use all sort of Refrigerants R-22,R-407,R134a,R404a and so on.

Since the oil is already have refrigerant present in it even OFN is not necessary only sealed container is required.

Thanks Chemi for your Help :)

Merry Christmas and Very happy & Prosperous New Year