PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SR-S2028. Fault Display shows 3 on Power Up

simon23e
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
hi i am working on samsung sr-s2028. twin cool the unit runs normally on refrigeration cycle and everything is perfect, then it enters the defrost cycle, and will not re-start and i have to turn it off and on again ,until the next defrosting time.
I have a 3 on the display on power up i have changed the main heater on the fridge side as this was faulty.
The f/freezer has now been running for 24hrs + but the 3 still shows upon power up i am not sure if it is now going into defrost.
Also dont know how to force a defrost.
can anyone help please.
thanks.
simon.

344martin
06-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Have you checked the thermal fuse is ok as well?

happy
06-12-2009, 10:10 PM
The 3 should only be on for a few seconds when the power is applied - then display should show temps. This is normal, the 3 is not a fault code it is a software indicator. Faults are shown by individual segments of the digits

simon23e
07-12-2009, 07:24 PM
The 3 should only be on for a few seconds when the power is applied - then display should show temps. This is normal, the 3 is not a fault code it is a software indicator. Faults are shown by individual segments of the digits

hi,
thanks happy and martian,
Its just that i was looking else where on this forum refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14184 and there was a post that said this 3 meant there was a load defect,
I have never had any segments light up when i press the quick freeze and vacation buttons for 8/10 secs before, or after i found the faulty heater I take it that there is no code when the heater goes down which has now been replaced,
I also have continuity on both thermal fuses.
F/freezer seems to be working ok, is there anyway i can force a defrost just to check.

Thank you all for your help
and happy christmass
Simon.