PDA

View Full Version : Copeland 3D Moduload

Steve Wright
04-12-2009, 05:04 PM
We have experienced 8 to 10 failures on new Moduload compressors. In every case a washer in the unloading device failed and was drawn into the cylinder creating impact damage to the piston and valve plate. It usually is the number three cylinder.

Have any of you experienced these problems.

We are going to be testing a digital capacity control device.

marinechiller
12-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Steve,

We are about to quote either the moduload or the digital compressor controller on a number of 3d and 6d discus compressors.

Curious about how your tests went with the digital controller. Any other issues you had with either setup?

Thanks,
marinechiller

lowcool
13-02-2010, 01:10 PM
gday mc
i would steer clear of the discus series as well,only my opinion mind you

marinechiller
15-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi lowcool,

Can you be more specific on why you would steer clear of Discus?

Thanks,
marinechiller

750 Valve
16-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Discus is not very well supported here in Australia, for whatever reason Copeland Australia decided to cease bringing them into the country and are willing to provide zero spares and technical support - they only offer the reed models, they are imported into Australia by Patton who are not the strongest in sales or support.

Steve Wright
16-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Marinechiller
I will give you updates as soon as we have them. We have had great success with the discus comp it is just the recent moduloads that have been a problem.

We notice that the moduload provides the least amount of unloading when you need it most.

We had the factory in and i think the digital discus is going to work great.

If you need something proven then you could go with a 4D or 6D with unloading (its mechanism is completely different)

Inventory and factory support is an issue to consider.

Steve

joe magee
23-02-2010, 02:24 AM
More info on the moduload. Is this on a rack or single? Low,med or high temp? We use lots of them in markets. Curious you say it gives you the least amount of unloading when you need it the most could you elaborate. How is it set up? ems ,mechanical. Any and all info would be great. Never heard of a digital discus. Is that new. I see the digital scrolls.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">