PDA

View Full Version : daikin splits 1 remote five indoors

moondawn
03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
hi there

I have five indoor daikin cassettes all split systems controlled by one daikin controller.
during a service i found an e4 fault "activation of low pressure switch".
Today i have reclaimed the gas from the system 260 grams of r407c and eventually located a tiny leak coming from a shraeder in the Outdoor unit which is fitted to pipework coming from the 4 way valve.

i have recommisioned the system but the remote is faulting on unit 02, e4 and also u5 .

is there anyway of telling which unit 02 is not familiar with daikin equipment, also e4 is the low pressure switch the system is fully gassed now is there some kind of manual reset i need to do?

the model for the outdoor unit is RYP100L7W1 (from memory)

cheers lee

frank
03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
If you have fixed the leak, recharged correctly then the error code E4 (Low Pressure Switch activation) should not show.

If it does, you have not fixed the correct system.

U5 is a comms error between indoor and RC

moondawn
03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
If you have fixed the leak, recharged correctly then the error code E4 (Low Pressure Switch activation) should not show.

If it does, you have not fixed the correct system.

U5 is a comms error between indoor and RC

unless there is another one of these splits that has the same problem last time i was there it was only this one that was not performing.

what is the best way of finding out which is unit 02?

yinmorrison
03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Connect the controller to each unit individually and that will tell you which one has the fault.

moondawn
03-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Connect the controller to each unit individually and that will tell you which one has the fault.

is that the only way of finding out, do these auto address? do they follow the path the remote cable goes prob be easier tracing the cable if so?

VRVIII
03-12-2009, 10:00 PM
hi there

I have five indoor daikin cassettes all split systems controlled by one daikin controller.
during a service i found an e4 fault "activation of low pressure switch".
Today i have reclaimed the gas from the system 260 grams of r407c and eventually located a tiny leak coming from a shraeder in the Outdoor unit which is fitted to pipework coming from the 4 way valve.

i have recommisioned the system but the remote is faulting on unit 02, e4 and also u5 .

is there anyway of telling which unit 02 is not familiar with daikin equipment, also e4 is the low pressure switch the system is fully gassed now is there some kind of manual reset i need to do?

the model for the outdoor unit is RYP100L7W1 (from memory)

cheers lee

Hi Lee,

The U5 error is a communications error between remote controller & indoor unit, this would be generated when you switched off the power supply on the faulty system. The controller was talking to 5 indoors then lost comms to the one you switched off.
U5 will reset automatically when comms are reestablished to the unit.

To reset the E4 error at controller; Press test button once then press and hold down on/off button until fault code changes from E4 to 00.

Can I ask which connections you used to evacuate the unit? As these units have various check valves/solenoid valve/EEV (see attached piping diagram) You must also vac from the schrader valves inside the unit aswell as the suction service valve connection if you don't use this procedure the receiver and part of the liquid line not be evacuted or full of OFN if you have pressure tested the unit.
I would also recommend you use a solenoid valve magnet to energise the receiver purge solenoid valve when evacuating (item 15 on attached drawing).

yinmorrison
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
"Splits" or VRV? You did say splits.

VRVIII
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM

No way man.

Use service code 43 to identify each indoor.

1.From normal controller display and units off ,
2. Hold down test botton (enters field settings)
3. Hold down test button again (enters 40 serice codes)
4. Temp up to code until 43 is diplayed
Unit 0 will be diplayed in top left corner of controller the fan will now run on high on unit 0 only
5. Press the diamond button to change the unit number and the fan will run on which ever unit is displayed .

moondawn
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi Lee,

The U5 error is a communications error between remote controller & indoor unit, this would be generated when you switched off the power supply on the faulty system. The controller was talking to 5 indoors then lost comms to the one you switched off.
U5 will reset automatically when comms are reestablished to the unit.

To reset the E4 error at controller; Press test button once then press and hold down on/off button until fault code changes from E4 to 00.

Can I ask which connections you used to evacuate the unit? As these units have various check valves/solenoid valve/EEV (see attached piping diagram) You must also vac from the schrader valves inside the unit aswell as the suction service valve connection if you don't use this procedure the receiver and part of the liquid line not be evacuted or full of OFN if you have pressure tested the unit.
I would also recommend you use a solenoid valve magnet to energise the receiver purge solenoid valve when evacuating (item 15 on attached drawing).

Hi VRVIII

so the u5 error will eventually go when the remote sees the whole system i did not have much time to test the unit as it was late and pitch black outside. will follow your advise over the remote once this has been deleted from the history i take it the unit can then start?

i was unaware that the solenoid valve would be closed i did notice it, looks like i will have to reclaim the gas and re vac the system then do you have a manual on pdf for this model of unit i tried to register for extranet but not sure it worked

thanks for your reply

lee

moondawn
03-12-2009, 10:20 PM
No way man.

Use service code 43 to identify each indoor.

1.From normal controller display and units off ,
2. Hold down test botton (enters field settings)
3. Hold down test button again (enters 40 serice codes)
4. Temp up to code until 43 is diplayed
Unit 0 will be diplayed in top left corner of controller the fan will now run on high on unit 0 only
5. Press the diamond button to change the unit number and the fan will run on which ever unit is displayed .

thank u very useful info that i have worked a lot on mitsi kit myself am unfamiliar with daikin but thought there must be an easy way of knowing which address is which

thanks
lee

VRVIII
03-12-2009, 10:33 PM
do you have a manual on pdf for this model of unit i tried to register for extranet but not sure it worked

thanks for your reply

lee[/quote]

Try down loading the manual from US site .com

yinmorrison
03-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Quite right VRV111 I should have noticed Moondawn was not familiar and you certainly saved him a lot of time.
We bosses should stick to the office job me thinks.:o

moondawn
07-12-2009, 06:00 PM
attended site toay de commisioned and re commissioned system all working fine now.

deleted the error history from the controller and also tried the service checker to find address unit 02, was successful

thanks alot for the help

cheers lee