PDA

View Full Version : nitro purgin

cooltools
02-12-2009, 10:28 PM
All the manufactors ask us to nitro purge there pipe work but none give us any flow rates for doing this?? I was told as long as you can feel the nitro comeing out the end of the pipe with the back of your hand that ok.Now that seems a bit old hat doing it like that so does anyone have more info on this ???

taz24
02-12-2009, 10:42 PM
All the manufactors ask us to nitro purge there pipe work but none give us any flow rates for doing this?? I was told as long as you can feel the nitro comeing out the end of the pipe with the back of your hand that ok.Now that seems a bit old hat doing it like that so does anyone have more info on this ???

Uless you have a flow rate valve how would you
measure the flow anyway.
The acctual rate is 2 ltr a min but unless you can
measure it that is accademic.

So the best way is with a sensative piece of your
skin and make sure all the pipe ends are capped with
just a small vent hole to alow flow.

Cheers taz.

jpsmith1cm
02-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Taz gave as good of an explanation as I can, if not better.

I usually hold my hose to my cheek and feel for the slight flow. Then I hook it up to the piping.

lowcool
02-12-2009, 11:06 PM
doesnt hurt to have a vertical section at the end either as you know the pipe will fill regardless of your relief hole location

desA
03-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Nitrogen...

Nitro is an abbreviation for nitroglycrine... Won't get me going there, I promise.

taz24
03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Nitrogen...

Nitro is an abbreviation for nitroglycrine... Won't get me going there, I promise.

Anybody purging with nitroglycrine will get every one going. Away!! Fast!!

:cool:

Cheers taz

Quality
03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
You can get those vertical flow meters with a floating bobbin with adjusting screw at the bottom , they are the same type that welders use for mig and tig welding ;)

cooltools
05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
so 2ltr a min it is then boc sell a flow meter will pick one up .thanks for that taz

US Iceman
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Another way is to punch a hole in the rubber or plastic plugs on the tubing. This will vent enough nitrogen through the tubing to keep it clean and you don't need another regulator.;)

Adi cool
06-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Just use an old service manifold. Use compound side or H.p if you like and set up using hose to pipe or component that your brazing. Set at 5 p.s.i.g ( will vary depending on pipe size) and make sure system is open e.g open service valves or remove pipe caps. Hope this helps

DEVIL
07-12-2009, 10:54 AM
not how i do it, but i red it in a refrigeration book that u ad the other end to a hose and the hose you add it in a bottle of water, and theoretically if u feel once the system with nitrogen, then you just need it to bobble in the water a little bit so you make shore no air is getting back in the system