PDA

View Full Version : SPACE - All change again

Time-will-tell
01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
6 months into the new shift system and it's all change again.
New night shift to start at 1.30pm and finish at 23.00pm (don't think so)
Engineers to take on a dual role, shift engineer 1.30pm till 23.00pm and standby engineer from 23.00pm - 8.00am.
Just how an engineer is supposed to find 11 hours between shifts to have a rest I don't know. Not quite sure how this fits in with "It's to improve your quality of life" as was the statement by Space management when the first changes came into effect.
I know service companies are being hit hard at the moment, but is anyone really looking at a working solution that satisfies the customer as well as the work force?
Also, are things really that tight that in order to save a few pence postage, engineers have been notified of the new changes via text...
I can see it will all end in tears, "get your life jackets on lads" I think the ship is sinking !

Grizzly
01-12-2009, 09:08 PM
6 months into the new shift system and it's all change again.
New night shift to start at 1.30pm and finish at 23.00pm (don't think so)
Engineers to take on a dual role, shift engineer 1.30pm till 23.00pm and standby engineer from 23.00pm - 8.00am.
Just how an engineer is supposed to find 11 hours between shifts to have a rest I don't know. Not quite sure how this fits in with "It's to improve your quality of life" as was the statement by Space management when the first changes came into effect.
I know service companies are being hit hard at the moment, but is anyone really looking at a working solution that satisfies the customer as well as the work force?
Also, are things really that tight that in order to save a few pence postage, engineers have been notified of the new changes via text...
I can see it will all end in tears, "get your life jackets on lads" I think the ship is sinking !

All I can say is I am glad I don't work for them!
grizzly

oldtimer
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
stop talking garbage start at 13:30 and you could be out till 8 am i dont think so . no one can do them hours . thats why the top brass change it .

spacemanmark
01-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Good Evening Time Will Tell,

Should you wish to discuss this further directly with the person responsible for the change, please feel free to call me at the Bristol office or on my mobile.

I would welcome your discussion and council so we can we all move forward together.

Kind regards

Mark Woods
Space Engineering Services
Service and Maintenance Director

lowcool
02-12-2009, 12:15 AM
not a very nice way of treating employees thats for sure.it should read have no lifestyle.
keep your head up time will tell

desA
02-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Oh, when the suits go marching in,
Oh,when the suits go marching in,
Oh lord I don't wanna be that fridgie,
when the suits go marching in.

Magoo
02-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Vote with your feet and tell them to naff off.

Clk320_Greg
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Is it just a roumer that you supermarket guys actually get deacent money for this tho?

NIKK38
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Is it just a roumer that you supermarket guys actually get deacent money for this tho?

All depends on what you class a decent wage?

Clk320_Greg
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
All depends on what you class a decent wage?

Depends if you look at money or the "package"

Ever been SE? I tell you the idea that someone will carry on paying you even tho you are on holiday or ill seems mad?!

You get a van? Uniform? Phone? Staff do? Bonus? Few hours off for the Dr/Dentist?

While i dont doubt you work hard for your money i do often wonder if some people realise how good they do have it?

Remember, the grass is always greener!

NIKK38
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Depends if you look at money or the "package"

Ever been SE? I tell you the idea that someone will carry on paying you even tho you are on holiday or ill seems mad?!

You get a van? Uniform? Phone? Staff do? Bonus? Few hours off for the Dr/Dentist?

While i dont doubt you work hard for your money i do often wonder if some people realise how good they do have it?

Remember, the grass is always greener!

Actually, I appreciate the grass isn't always greener.

Why do people go self employed?, usually because they become fed up with working for someone else and think they would be better off alone.

Van = taxed and you pay private mileage.
Phone = exceed your limit and you get charged.
Pension = Contributary (matched by company)
Sick scheme = Yes, taxed as a perk ( got a feeling more people may be needing this)
Bonus = shut up!!!!!!!
O/T = No, salary now and banked hours.
Dentist/Doctor = I always try and make appointments out of work hours.

This isn't a debate about the pro's and con's of being employed as opposed to self employed.
The original post is about changes to contract, how it's been dealt with and the affect it will have a people.

tony--1
03-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Dont sound good for you spacemen . But at least spacemanmark is willing to talk to the guys . Good luck guys !! . Please i dont work there tho . If you are not happy then get the hell out .

jjthefridge
04-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Vote with your feet and tell them to naff off.

i did, so glad i did, much hapier now

matt.yelland
04-12-2009, 11:47 PM
We cover a 24 hour shift, only engineer on in the area at the weekends and get the calls that have been alarming out since mid-week.... The store manager wonders why we are tired and upset.....

Shift work is going to go across all fridge companies, but who will pay for it, the customer or the company?

matt.yelland
04-12-2009, 11:49 PM
What time does the day shift start?

desA
05-12-2009, 04:20 AM
The problem with these silly schemes is that the engineers get tired & unhappy. They also make mistakes due to tiredness. This is not in the best interests of the supermarket chain.

Clearly, the labour franchisers care more about servicing the supermarket's needs - for pecuniary gain (loot) - than they do about their resources (engineers). It seems to have become a numbers game. It is based on pure greed.

It will fail dismally in the end. These numbers games invariably do.

multisync
05-12-2009, 06:59 AM
The problem with these silly schemes is that the engineers get tired & unhappy. They also make mistakes due to tiredness. This is not in the best interests of the supermarket chain.

Clearly, the labour franchisers care more about servicing the supermarket's needs - for pecuniary gain (loot) - than they do about their resources (engineers). It seems to have become a numbers game. It is based on pure greed.

It will fail dismally in the end. These numbers games invariably do.

It isn't about 'greed' on behalf of the fridge firm Directors. It's more like desperation. Few business owners sre ruthless to that extent. SMM has been here for many years and doesn't strike me as someone who is a heartless employer. I suspect the company gew and became reliant on Tesco's. That is the exact spot Tesco's wants it's subcontractors to be in. My old boss would openly say "I love my engineers getting big mortgages" was he 'greedy' or just a good boss??
I don't know if Space are in trouble or not but they wouldn't be the first to try to take on the Supermarket game and lose. Tesco's are notorious for taking out fridge contractors. However they are not picking on fridgies, they go at every supplier the same way.
The 'greed' can also deemed good business sense. The job of the Tesco board is to ensure dividends are paid to the shareholders. That 'greed' is overriding all other business decisions.
The British public shop at Tesco's because they like low prices and value for money. Their 'greed' as you call it means that -in reality- they care nothing about Tesco's suppliers and the effects on their staff.

I would be surprised if anyone here is an ethical shopper to the extent they'd not shop at Tesco's because their cleaners/stackers etc are only paid xx PH.
We hum and harr, say nice things here and rage against the machine and I agree but in reality we are all 'greedy' in this respect, we care little about each other, not really: if we're honest.

It's a shame and I'd love to continue but we need some milk and I've just got to pop out to Tes....

desA
05-12-2009, 07:09 AM
^ Perhaps it would be best for Tesco's to have their own maintenance fleet then?

Grizzly
05-12-2009, 08:12 AM
It isn't about 'greed' on behalf of the fridge firm Directors. It's more like desperation. Few business owners sre ruthless to that extent. SMM has been here for many years and doesn't strike me as someone who is a heartless employer. I suspect the company gew and became reliant on Tesco's. That is the exact spot Tesco's wants it's subcontractors to be in. My old boss would openly say "I love my engineers getting big mortgages" was he 'greedy' or just a good boss??
I don't know if Space are in trouble or not but they wouldn't be the first to try to take on the Supermarket game and lose. Tesco's are notorious for taking out fridge contractors. However they are not picking on fridgies, they go at every supplier the same way.
The 'greed' can also deemed good business sense. The job of the Tesco board is to ensure dividends are paid to the shareholders. That 'greed' is overriding all other business decisions.
The British public shop at Tesco's because they like low prices and value for money. Their 'greed' as you call it means that -in reality- they care nothing about Tesco's suppliers and the effects on their staff.

I would be surprised if anyone here is an ethical shopper to the extent they'd not shop at Tesco's because their cleaners/stackers etc are only paid xx PH.
We hum and harr, say nice things here and rage against the machine and I agree but in reality we are all 'greedy' in this respect, we care little about each other, not really: if we're honest.

It's a shame and I'd love to continue but we need some milk and I've just got to pop out to Tes....

Words that make sense, even if they are not what "we" want to hear!
Never the less to be informed is good and those that do have a choice.
Can make a decision based on a little bit more knowledge.
To counter argue your point Multisync.
When enough people object, opinions can be changed.
I can guarantee that employers read this forum and
"Un- Friendly" posts are not wanted.
The pendulum has swung the other way, but it will
swing back!
Grizzly

julius Geezer
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Well said.................Feel sorry for the lads at Space as shifts clearly don't work , unless you have the manpower (Which sounds like they haven't)........but for the last 15 years all i've known is "Please can you work the weekend/night" from employers who need jobs covering......so , consequently , engineers earn quite a good wage year on year and tend to have nice houses/cars....etc....etc
Things can only get better........!

damaircon
07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
never in my career have i known a company to upset so many engineers in such a short space of time, and have no regard for high class engineers with experience and respect leaving the company at such high speed.

jjthefridge
07-12-2009, 07:39 PM
never in my career have i known a company to upset so many engineers in such a short space of time, and have no regard for high class engineers with experience and respect leaving the company at such high speed.

hi,

what does that tell you, maybe get rid of the engineers volentarly then no redundancy payment, and no they couldn't give a damm about engineers and their families.

julius Geezer
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
There's only one thing for it comrades..........Revolution..............

I'm Spartacus

NO.....I'm Spartacus

Let the revolt of the mice begin :cool:

Gary
07-12-2009, 10:09 PM
In negotiations the assumption is that each side pushes for all they can get and they end up somewhere in the middle.

With skilled labor its a little different. You take more than you should and then give a little back. Your engineers can make or break you.

Sounds like its time for Space to give a little.

Silhouette
08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I've worked on both sides of the business (service and install) over the years and the problem lies partly with the customer and partly with the engineers. The customer wants the job done as cheaply as possible with as little disturbance to trade as possible, this means that the fridge company has to cut back on training for the engineers, which results in poor workmanship and knowledge. The customer then sees that he is getting a poor service and pays less and the spiral continues. Engineers (and for some of the people out there I use the term loosely!) expect to earn more each year than the last, when they don't they start complaining and look for the "greener grass". Up until now the engineers have predominantly been paid hourly and have basically had free rein to book whatever hours they want, earning a small fortune as they go and living the high lifestyle. Now they have been reigned back in and put on salaries, so gone are the £50-60k earnings and they are struggling with all the high lifestyle payments!

cold finger
08-12-2009, 06:01 PM
From where I am sitting it looks as if the directors of Space have lost all of thier moral duties,,There is a rumour going around that they are going to get their fridge engineers to deal with blocked toilets in a certain supermarket chain
I am sure the local council enviromental health officers. the Food Standards Agency and the Health and Safety Executive will be delighted with this news as we all love to buy food from a fridge which has just been fixed by the bloke who had his hands down the blocked toilets in the ladies an hour before

NIKK38
08-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Two tool kits and wash your hands. Problem solved..

Spencer.Guy
08-12-2009, 06:56 PM
as we all love to buy food from a fridge which has just been fixed by the bloke who had his hands down the blocked toilets in the ladies an hour before

It would be very unusual for anyone to have to put their hand down a toilet to clear it.

It's no worse than the same guy who hasn't washed his hands after using the toilet personally.
Or clearing out the case drain then putting shelves back in.

chillled
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Wow!! some interesting views, here's my 2p worth.
In my opinion in any fridge branch there are the lads who want to do 40 hours and go home, and on the other hand there are others who aren't happy unless they've got a grand at the end of a week. What the shift thing is doing is making everyone do the same, this doesn't work! See comments by 40 hour men, 'i'm tired' etc when others are happy doing 70 hours plus!! I also agree with the comment about Space not recognising their best assets,i know of at least 4 superb engineers with years of experience being '**** on' By them. Surely something has to give!!! I hope so!!

Gwyn
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
and a comment from Mark Ward impressed :)

lowcool
10-12-2009, 04:31 AM
if your draining yourself by doing longer hours,the probability of hurting yourself has highly increased.
management dont care as they are prepared to run the risk after all it is the figures at the end of the day they are after

Cool Blues
10-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Gwyn,

You are mistaken as I have not passed comment at the moment,

I believe it is more beneficial speaking direct with each other, rather than behind a message board pseudonym.

Cheers,

Mark.

fridgeontheroad
11-12-2009, 10:52 AM
space have put the last nail in the coffin with this now. when job start popping up with other companies spaces engineers will leave, and nobody is going to want to join them under these terms.

Gwyn
11-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Gwyn,

You are mistaken as I have not passed comment at the moment,

I believe it is more beneficial speaking direct with each other, rather than behind a message board pseudonym.

Cheers,

Mark.
My apologies ‘Mark Woods’ I meant not ‘Mark Wood’
I do agree that at time like this people should all get together and hold meetings and talk as a team, then possibly things could be ironed out and we could all get back to what we are trained for like mending / fixing fridges. Some of the larger companies are losing touch with there staff, they need to talk AND listen, and maybe explain a little more, this way the customers might be in a position to help out some way  instead of all of us getting angered and having to walk. Other companies are all the same to work for, same fridges same s**t different overalls different day etc.

multisync
11-12-2009, 12:40 PM
My apologies ‘Mark Woods’ I meant not ‘Mark Wood’

The confusion was you actually said 'Mark WARD which is why 'cool blue' said what he said..

chillled
11-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Ha Ha Brilliant!!! Good old Gwyn, Oh dear get on with those dishwashers son!!, Mark Woods is a big lad who works for space and Mark Ward is a smaller feller who calls people Buddy.You did work there at high level and should know these things!!!!

chillled
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM
if your draining yourself by doing longer hours,the probability of hurting yourself has highly increased.
management dont care as they are prepared to run the risk after all it is the figures at the end of the day they are after
It suits some people to do 120 hours a week and be fresh as a daisy(me) and others (??) are falling asleep at the wheel after one early start!! everyones different. And Helecopters don't fuel themseves!!! lol

julius Geezer
12-12-2009, 12:24 AM
It suits some people to do 120 hours a week and be fresh as a daisy(me) and others (??) are falling asleep at the wheel after one early start!! everyones different. And Helecopters don't fuel themseves!!! lol
Just one thing......................................?

Do you wear your underpants on the outside...............?

chillled
12-12-2009, 09:06 AM
lol only on a sunday!!! bit extreme but just an example to prove a point!!!

Spencer.Guy
12-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Crash into someone and kill them with 120 hrs worked that week = 5 years in jail. (Selby)

Crash into someone and kill them with 50 to 60 hrs worked = few points and a fine.

coolhibby1875
12-12-2009, 12:23 PM
i have never read a post with as many ifs,buts and what nots.
fridge engineers having been working 70,80 and 90 hour weeks for as long as i have been in the trade (18 years) and this will never change as long as fridges are hooked to alarms and stores are open 24 hours we will work these hours, so lets all stop this stupid talk of killing people and crashing vans/cars, its all just what iffs.
what if your auntie had baws? she'd be yer unkle!!!!

Spencer.Guy
12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
fridge engineers having been working 70,80 and 90 hour weeks

Working, No

Booking on timesheet, Ipac etc, Yes.

coolhibby1875
12-12-2009, 03:12 PM
your showing YOUR true coulours spencer i hope your boss doesnt veiw this thread!

chillled
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Exactly, as you say if your auntie was your uncle she'd smoke a pipe!!! I've been doing Call, Ghosters etc etc for nearly 20 years and when ya tired you have a kip!!! Van,plant room floor, box of lagging, whereever. The only ones that talk of health and safety, crashing vans, injuring themselves while tired are the one who don't want to do it. I opted out of the 40 hour week and am happy to continue!! When i feel like i'm about to crash the van, blow myself up etc etc, i'll hit the hay for an hour or so then crack on, its my chosen career and lifestyle.

Andy
12-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Gents
this is not Fridgeman.com

Please take care what you are posting, so that this does not become a slanging match.

Thank you:)

Kind Regards Andy:)

julius Geezer
12-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Working, No

Booking on timesheet, Ipac etc, Yes.

SPENCER GUY..............I'd reason that you've never had to drop an Oil Separator at 3AM in the morning.............and then had to sit there for an hour nto make sure you've done a proper job.............?

steven.miles3
13-12-2009, 09:58 AM
There are Eastern Europeans out there that will do all the hours God sends. The first round has only just finished, they will go home get qualified and be back in their droves. Nothing wrong in trying to better yourself.

steven.miles3
13-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Mark,

just wondering, did you work on the tools once?

steven.miles3
13-12-2009, 11:50 AM
The question below is for. Mark Woods
Service and Maintenance Director<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Hi Mark,

just wondering, did you work on the tools once?

spacemanmark
13-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Yes mate, I was a Engineer, Supervisor and a Commissioning Engineer, still carry my kit in the boot of the car, old habbits and and that. ;-).

Mark

wayden
13-12-2009, 02:22 PM
if you want a life work at reasonable companies.you cant put a price on family. everyone needs to see there kids growing up

wayden
13-12-2009, 02:37 PM
the lifestyle you talk about was abolished by wilberforce.i like to see my kids.

wayden
13-12-2009, 03:03 PM
seems to me our lifestyles are going back to the twenties.people fought for better working conditions ,this includes liesure time. i want to see my family grow up.If it carries on like this people will leave the trade and young people wont want to be in it.then who will fix things .

tony--1
13-12-2009, 08:19 PM
So mark whats happening at space then . please tell us .

tony--1
13-12-2009, 08:30 PM
[quote=wayden;170342]seems to me our lifestyles are going back to the twenties.people fought for better working conditions ,this includes liesure time. i want to see my family grow up.If it carries on like this people will leave the trade and young people wont want to be in it.then who will fix things .

if your at space and dont like it then get the hell out . and try to get sumthing better to suit you . me myself want to work long hours and make lots of money but thats just me . i dont expect to get pad loads if ya dont put in the hours

eggs
13-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Tell you what reading this thread, all you supermarket guys are a right bunch of jessies.

Get a grip, If you don't like the conditions and contracts you are offered, move into the real world where iPAC's, pensions, sick pay etc are not offered.

If you hadn't noticed the country is in recession, you should be grateful you have jobs to go to.

What exactly is your problems?, you get asked to actually do some work during your employed hours?

Stop whining and get the job done.

I used to subbie to a company where all the "engineers" whined about not getting paid enough for what they "did", so the company asked them how much per hour they wanted. Each employee was given the exact hourly rate they asked for..........then their vans were fitted with trackers.........thieving tossers lost about a third of their wages each.

Eggs

eggs
13-12-2009, 11:06 PM
One thing i can not comprehend is this.

All you supermarket engineers whining about pay and conditions, why not take advantage of the current opportunities available to good fridge men?

ie, the opportunities now available to good fridge men to commission and trouble shoot air sourced heat pumps to the commercial heating sector are growing by the day, so why not set yourselves up in business and earn what you are truly worth?

Eggs

steven.miles3
14-12-2009, 12:12 AM
What is wrong with the friendly question, Brian.

steven.miles3
14-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi Mark, I got told off by Brian the admi man for asking you a friendly question, sorry if you found it offensive.
Glad to see you still carry your tools with you, I do the same thing, as you say 'old habits and all that' I won't bother posting again, as I just seem to get into trouble.
All the best Steve.
Yes mate, I was a Engineer, Supervisor and a Commissioning Engineer, still carry my kit in the boot of the car, old habbits and and that. ;-).

Mark

coolhibby1875
14-12-2009, 01:03 PM
way the go eggs

eggs
14-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Sorry to go on about this, but it really gets my back up.

Last week on the same site I was working on, there were three Vans and five "engineers" from what I think is a large company, Capital Cooling.

Three hours I watched them smoking, eating, chatting and leaning on the van from my site office window, £15 x 5 x 3 = £225. Who pays for this?

No wonder there is no money for pay rises when the employees put in effort like this. They must cost the shareholders a fortune, sack the lot of 'em and get the Poles in.

Eggs

tony--1
14-12-2009, 11:01 PM

Last week on the same site I was working on, there were three Vans and five "engineers" from what I think is a large company, Capital Cooling.

Three hours I watched them smoking, eating, chatting and leaning on the van from my site office window, £15 x 5 x 3 = £225. Who pays for this?

No wonder there is no money for pay rises when the employees put in effort like this. They must cost the shareholders a fortune, sack the lot of 'em and get the Poles in.

Eggs

:off topic: just a little . lol

El Padre
15-12-2009, 12:07 AM
If anyone has become demotivated with refrigeration, you could always retrain and move up to a more technically advanced industry, such as air conditioning for example.

Cheers

Spencer.Guy
15-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Three hours I watched them
Eggs

Interesting.

tony--1
15-12-2009, 08:00 AM
If anyone has become demotivated with refrigeration, you could always retrain and move up to a more technically advanced industry, such as air conditioning for example.

Cheers

hahahaha needed a good laugh thx

El Padre
15-12-2009, 10:46 AM
hahahaha needed a good laugh thx

Just trying to lighten things up a bit, it is Christmas after all :D

Cheers

coolhibby1875
15-12-2009, 10:51 AM
HI eggs i know the owner of capital cooling veiws these threads reguarly so post the name of the site you seen them and something will be done!

damaircon
15-12-2009, 08:32 PM
its comments like that , that led to this country being in the state its in. get the poles out ! get a points system like austrailia ,america etc, i speak for most working class people i know , we dont want all these foriegners here.say no to the EU !

chillermanuk
15-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Just left with the feeling that after all these kind of posts no one will end up working for the company and the company will find it hard to find decent engineers.

Remember if a good engineer on £20.00 fixes it in an hour, and an apprentice on £6.00 an hour takes all day- whos cheaper??

Sometimes it is cheaper to employ good engineers. ( I tell myself this every Friday when I pay my engineers!!!!!!)

coolhibby1875
15-12-2009, 10:00 PM
hi chillerman are looking for engineers in scotland for £20 a hour i will work for you:)

craigpcg
15-12-2009, 10:01 PM
hi chillerman are looking for engineers in scotland for £20 a hour i will work for you:)

Yeah me too:eek:

julius Geezer
16-12-2009, 12:38 AM

Eggs

This is absolute , scientific , proof that kids break up from school, far to early ....................!

tiptop
17-12-2009, 12:03 AM
what about the engineers you kicked over to r/j under tupe?
r/j stated that they will not except all of them weeks before hand? is this true?

craigpcg
17-12-2009, 12:36 AM
This is absolute , scientific , proof that kids break up from school, far to early ....................!

To be honest i MUST agree, I have worked for cappy before for 3-4 years am must admit they take on pritty much take anyone on, From production workers to domestic engineers to dole punters.

I did enjoy them very much soo but i had to train many Donuts so to speak.

They seem too have soo much work that i think that some1 must be ****ging some high ranked twat:lol:

coolhibby1875
17-12-2009, 12:39 PM
hi craig i also know of guys who have worked there and your right, If you have a driving liecence and can talk you will get a job, i also know of many shop owners who have bought there products and when it breaks down it takes about 3 visits to get it fixed.

craigpcg
17-12-2009, 01:10 PM
hi craig i also know of guys who have worked there and your right, If you have a driving liecence and can talk you will get a job, i also know of many shop owners who have bought there products and when it breaks down it takes about 3 visits to get it fixed.

:D

Yeah they are bad for it i must admit. I also know of one site in edinburgh that will remain nameless.

They bought a maryap (i call them marycrap) serve-over and within about 3 weeks the first compressor went, then a week later the evaperator split, then an other compressor went by this time the customer wasnt best pleased so they changed the whole counter out.

An other 3-4 weeks later the compressor went again. If i remember right i think they changed the cabinets 3 times.

Thats was the first batch of equipment and to be fair they did get better eventually. I suppose its just down to getting to know whats good and whats not.

I recently worked on there new (just out of warranty) multidecks and they seem not to bad for what they are.

Mick Beeby
18-12-2009, 06:18 PM
In the Frig Game forty odd years Mark never heard of you which Company did you work for

multisync
18-12-2009, 06:51 PM
In the Frig Game forty odd years Mark never heard of you which Company did you work for

Who are you talking too??:confused:

Coolest Sparky
18-12-2009, 06:56 PM
The grass may been greener on the other side but whatever side you are on it still have to cut.

I work for Space have 2 kids and 1 on the way, so I hope they make it through these hard times.

In our area the shift has worked very well because the engineer's all work hard and do a proper job. This has given us the time to see our family, ride motor bikes and clean the helicopter.

Back to the main point of the thread, changes! The changes are not good at all but instead of moaning I called 2 of the Directors and now a resolve has been agreed.

What are we going to moan about now? (apart from my spelling and punctuation)

jjthefridge
20-12-2009, 08:56 PM
The grass may been greener on the other side but whatever side you are on it still have to cut.

I work for Space have 2 kids and 1 on the way, so I hope they make it through these hard times.

In our area the shift has worked very well because the engineer's all work hard and do a proper job. This has given us the time to see our family, ride motor bikes and clean the helicopter.

Back to the main point of the thread, changes! The changes are not good at all but instead of moaning I called 2 of the Directors and now a resolve has been agreed.

What are we going to moan about now? (apart from my spelling and punctuation)

Hi,

i'm ex space and yes the grass is greener, i hope it all works out ok for you as the engineers and their families will be the only ones that suffer and thats wrong.

j.j.

jason1987
11-01-2010, 01:53 PM
i lost my apprenticeship back in october, and id applied to space several times, so it there no point applying again this year then? as it doesnt sound like theyd be taking apprentices on?

CONROD
12-01-2010, 03:36 PM
One thing i can not comprehend is this.

All you supermarket engineers whining about pay and conditions, why not take advantage of the current opportunities available to good fridge men?

ie, the opportunities now available to good fridge men to commission and trouble shoot air sourced heat pumps to the commercial heating sector are growing by the day, so why not set yourselves up in business and earn what you are truly worth?

Eggs
Hi Eggs, this reply has nothing to do with space, but your comment about the ASHP market. Do you know of any manufacturers looking for subbies to undertake this work??

eurocooling
16-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Bring back Nrc at least they look after you

coolhibby1875
16-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Bring back Nrc at least they look after you

all for that as long as they stay away from designing things, as there packs are pish!

frozenfingers
19-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Steve spear still there ???

NIKK38
19-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Steve spear still there ???

Nope.......